Shock Jock Tom Leykis

Helps Catch Mail Thief

... With 'Adam-12' Star

10/18/2012 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1017_kent_mccord_article_getty
Shock Jock Tom Leykis finally took a little time off teaching socially inept guys how to get laid ... and helped cops catch an alleged mail thief instead -- all with the help of Officer Jim Reed from that 70s show "Adam-12"!!!

Leykis -- who has hosted the controversial "Tom Leykis Show" for years -- tells TMZ, he first spotted the alleged mail thief a couple weeks ago outside his L.A. home.

According to Leykis, the guy had his hand stuck in his neighbor's mail box while wearing an oven mitt -- and Leykis snapped a few pics.

The guy took off -- but Leykis says he filed a police report and circulated his photos to his neighborhood watch ... helmed by the neighborhood watch captain Kent McCord ... aka Officer Jim Reed!!! (Seriously)

According to Leykis, the mail thief returned this weekend ... and thanks to his photos, a neighbor recognized the guy and called police, who then arrested the suspect.

We're told cops expect to make another arrest ... because they believe the man had a mail-stealing accomplice as well. The mail theft is still under investigation.

EggsOverEasy

One Adam 12, One Adam 12.. See the man.. Possible mail theft in progress.. Respond code 3 over..

Diamond Goddess!

That's great, but why don't you have a locking mailbox; or, even better, pay the 50 cents a day at a mailbox place?!

Stiletto

Malloy would have got him faster...and by himself...while he had Reed watch the car.

Mr. X

For the record; Tom's show is still around...it's now online-only.

Blue Lake

Huh? I thought Leykis died about a million years ago. Not that I missed him, he was such a skeeve. But seriously, I thought he was long gone.

doublej

You can go to toms site at blowmeuptom.com to listen to his internet only (radio) show.

It's Dave

I was just a little kid when Adam-12 was on the air. Now I'm an old fart and Kent McCord is still looking good.

KarenEmerson22

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, MakeCash12.com

Meanie

Didn't Melissa Gilbert call McCord a self important blowhard? (In her book.)

Danny

TMZ didn't even plug his website? Here you go. www.blowmeuptom.com

CLINT

Glad they caught the creep.
Was just reading about the show and here's some Adam 12 trivia:

One= City Division. (Downtown)
ADAM=Type of Car =(2man)
12=Patyrol Area.

The ONE stands for downtown Los Angeles, and TWO would stand for Rampart Division. Seeing as the area Reed and Malloy cruised the Rampart Division, the call should read; 2 Adam 12. HAHA!

go home!

I have never seen a bigger example of Karma when I see pics of Tom Lykis' fat, bloated, sweaty body. All the years he has spent trashing women, calling them fat & saying horrible things has come back to haunt him. He looks unhealthy and disgusting and most of all, UGLY. Good luck "getting laid" buddy. Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Dennis

I like how TMZ took a swipe at Tom before reporting the actual story. "Shock Jock Tom Leykis finally took a little time off teaching socially inept guys how to get laid" Nice!

I'm sure the little ladies over in the TMZ newsroom, were not too happy when this story was posted on the website.

Pookie

Leykis: Divorced FOUR times and has been arrested for domestic abuse when he pounded his last wife's head aganist a wall.

Julie

Only deviants and I Q challenged idiots listen to this gross pig

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments