'Jersey Shore' Reject

FLIP FLOPS

Gays SHOULD Marry!

10/20/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1018-angelina-pivarnick-tmz
Disgraced "Jersey Shore" star Angelina Pivarnick is pulling a 180 on her anti-gay marriage stance -- telling TMZ, "I'm starting to understand that no one should be denied the chance at happiness that marriage brings."

In case you missed her Internet debate last week, on the website Deeyoon, with openly gay singer Adam Barta (we don't blame you) Angelina came out against gay marriage, saying, "I don't think gays that should be married. If you want to date each other fine."

It gets worse from there -- just watch the video -- but now, Angelina's backpedaling, telling us, "I apologize to anyone I may have offended ... Many of my gay friends reached out to me afterward ... to inform me of how ignorant my comments were."

She adds, "I wouldn't want anyone to tell me that I couldn't marry the person I loved, and I don't want to do that to anyone else regardless of sexual orientation."

"I think other people like me can have their minds changed once they meet gay couples and families. We shouldn't ban love or marriage for a happy couple. That is UNAMERICAN!"

To prove she means business, Angelina says she plans to work with a pro-marriage equality organization named the Imperial Court of NY on their next fundraiser in November.

Laurin

People are so weak. Most people don't speak out but agree with her original comments. What is the problem with that. Condemn someone because they don't agree with you? Preach tolerance and have none for anyone who goes against what you believe?

ithoughtitwasgum

adam and eve not adam and steve..x

ryan

was she carrying around a trash bag? Chick is ugly and acts like a man. The only hot chick Jersey shore has had on the show is Paula. Have no clue why they picked all ugly chicks to be on that show.

ryan

btw, I wish celebrities and she is not one, would not back peddle. If I was famous, Id say I have nothing against gays, but I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. Thats it, but today you have the gays getting all upset and attack a celebrity for their honest opinion.

Jordan

Angelina does not think that it is OK for gay marriage because of her Catholic upbringing but it is OK for the GAY Catholic Priest to Rape Young Boys?

notalawyer

As these LOSERS continue to burn up the last remaining seconds of their 15 minutes of FAME
we will see more and more of anything for recognition ...

Shana

OMG So this chick thinks that gay guys should marry women and that lesbians should marry straight men. IS SHE F****ing kidding me!!?? Oh that is
real nice to the unsuspecting straight spouses!
What a FOOL!!!!!

liverspot

People are such cowards.They always go back on what they say to please people.Stand up for what you believe. Grow a spine.The gays sure don't mind voicing their opinions.I'm so sick of hearing about gays being offended.I'm offended by them! Same goes for our lame president.He once upon a time said he wasn't for gay marriage,and now his story has changed.I guess he'd say anything to win votes.Desperation is what I call it.

Hamptonsdude

Who is this chick? Why is she on TMZ? Who cares what this street rat thinks?

Wash. Hts. Girl

Hey where did u catch her? On West End Avenue?

firebaby

i thought she was pregnant,,,, lol guess we know her stance on abortion, though

BB not bb

These debte battles are very boring. There is no moderator, just chaos. It gives me a headache. I can't sit through this one nor could I through Octomom vs Mike Lohan. However, I think Angelina was right. I think she needs more of a backbonre. She doesn't stick to her beliefs even if they are unpopular. I think that is why she couldn't last on Jersey Shore two different times.

Even Jenny told her that she had earned her place there, but she ran off because Mike mouthed off to her after Snooki jumped her and Ron and Sam only snickered at her when she sat with her bags like she was leaving.

I don't think she can take the pressure of people disagreeing with her or not liking her. Now her gay friends probably handed her head to her, so she is switching her sides.

She went from saying that she supports the Bible and loves to read it, to saying that love is all that is really important. What is really important is that you can stand up for who you are and what you think without running and hiding.

Kate

How dare she be against gay marriage. Doesn't she understand that once the left decides what we should believe we have no right to our own opinion if it varies????

harleyharlett

translation - stop sending me mean tweets now!

kitnplayn

Get a back bone. Celebrity, or not, that would be the day that I would waffle on my opinions because I was afraid of backlash. Americans are always bragging about their freedom on speech, but then they are too batchit scared to use it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments