Prince Sues

Debt Collector

Owes ME $116K

10/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1019_princePrince just filed the most awesome lawsuit against a collection agency -- 'cause, for a change, he's going after them to get back more than $100,000 the agency allegedly jacked from his bank account.

According to the suit ... Capital Asset Protection made two withdrawls from Prince's bank accounts back in June in the amount of $105,949.14 and $10,278.94.

CAP was collecting the money for a lawsuit Prince previously lost over a music production contract.

But in the new documents, filed Thursday in L.A. County Superior Court, Prince says a judge vacated that original judgement in October, 2011 ... thereby erasing his debt to the production company.

So, according to the suit, CAP collected on a debt that didn't exist. Oops.

Prince is suing to get back his $116,228.12 ... plus interest.

Baby, he's a star.

Zorbitor

Having a judgement expunged...that's one thing
Having it vacated...that's awesome!

Hammer

Debt collectors are some of the worst s*** on earth and need bones broken slowly.

Stiletto

He is short, feminine & arrogant...no amount of money will ever make him feel "big."

Jsmiley

Good For you Prince

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I still have a collection agency trying to collect $200 on a bank error from about 17 years ago.

static

Go get 'em Prince!

BillyBurke

The message is simple

Don't F*CK with Prince

MADE MAN

I was sitting at my desk at work thursday and a collection agency called my Verizon wireless phone asking about an almost 8 year old Cingular wireless account that I had for my little sister lol. I asked him how did he get my number and he said (verbatim) "sir, that's the least of your concern" I'm thinking it was an outrageous amount and it was like 200 dollars lol. I asked him "so your hounding and harassing me over a $197, 7 1/2 year old acct in which the company doesnt even exist any more" he said "well I'm just doing my job" and I hung my phone up on him. I hate collectors

HRH Prince Michael

"The Cross" by Prince
Official Music of The House of David

The House of David 20Twelve:

Hebrews Twelve;28-29 is HERE,
Daniel Twelve;1 is HERE,
Proverbs Twelve;7 is NOW,
Zechariah Twelve;8 is NOW,
St. Mark Twelve;36 is NOW,
Psalm 2;012 is NOW:
The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua reigns!
ALL, for The Greater Glory of The True and Living Yahweh!

DLOUPO

YO THAT' S JUST CRAZY HOW THEY COULD JUST GO IN UR BANK ACCOUNT JUST LIKE THAT AND TAKE MONEY OUT THATS Y I KEEP NOTHING IN THE BANK

Phishie from Philly

I wouldn't want prince made at me. He scares the stut out of me and I'm triple his size.
Phishie from Philly

Shelly Smith

Good for him! I'm not a Prince fan either but it's nice to know that someone with the money to fight back is doing just that.....fighting back!!!

cathye ostroff

prince pay your bills so you will not have to go to a debt collection. you should never give your bank account espically with your money. you should have also sued for lawyer fees & inconvience(pain & suffering). you need to teach these people a lesson. you need to be aware of your everyday life in general not just music. good luck. a long time fan. cathye o.

Julies

Go forth, Awesome Prince! We don't hear nearly enough about you. Thanks for supporting animal rights and rockin' music. Xoxoxo!

Whats The World Comin To

I hate debt collectors, they are garbage. Good job for suing them dude.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments