'X Factor' Finalist

Finds His Birth Mother

... Thanks To The Show

10/20/2012 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1019-david-correy-x-factor
Reality TV can actually do some good in the world ... just ask "X Factor" finalist David Correy who found his birth mother after 25 years of separation ... all thanks to the show.

The 26-year-old David -- who is in the final 16 -- told the judges during his first audition that he was singing for his birth mother -- whom he'd never met -- who gave him up for adoption from Brazil as a baby.

Sources close to David tell TMZ when his episode of "X" aired in Brazil, a woman named Luciene Lima recognized the baby pics shown in David's segment and had a gut feeling he was hers.

We're told Luciene went through the Brazilian court system to trace her adoption -- and her findings led her back to David. Luciene, not knowing how to reach out to her long lost son, contacted the local media.

Our sources say a local paper was able to track David down in the U.S. and tell him about his mother.

We're told a DNA test has not been performed, but so far everything matches: the birth certificate, the orphanage David came from and the timeline.

A close friend of David's tells TMZ, "David is so happy -- and he can't wait to meet her for the first time."

Sandra

Whatever!! Suggest he be careful what he wishes for and am sick of hearing sob stories!!

Me

I can say that the story about David searching for his birth mother is 100% TRUE. I've known him for many years, not very personally but in passing and with associates. I was at one of his very first performances in Baltimore where he told his story, my friend's fiancee used to manage him locally. I can not however confirm anything further than what has happened since he's been on the show. Though YET it does sound like a great story line for ratings (it's working, right? I mean, it's posted here, TMZ) It is very true that he is adopted and looking for his birth mother.

StPeteRickster

Am assuming she recognized all those ink works he was born with....

Just kidding, nice story. Had seen the episode he said he was looking for her, how could anyone NOT be happy for him??

Who knows, stupider movies have been made....

Gary

Sure Simon....man are you desperate!..what a made up bunch of poopoo...what next?...will Khloe find her REAL father through Xfactor?..

Wonderland

What a great story! David Correy has been one of my favorites since his first audition this season. All my officemates at DISH think Simon is going to milk this story too much in the live shows though. Even if they do milk it I’m still happy that a reality show helped him get in touch with his mom. I can’t wait to see what happens for him on X Factor, but I have class on weeknights. I’ve been catching up on all the episodes using Prime Time Anytime on my Hopper. It automatically records all the prime time shows on the four major networks for me. I think David has the chance to win the whole thing this season, and the added votes due to this story could help him a lot.

Whats The World Comin To

This a great news.

Drea

Surprise surprise. Don't they always come out after the fame has kicked in.

just sayin

phoney........... to the hope of all adopted.... hope u find ur peace........ this guy............ scammin fo sho

Spicy mag

His real mom is tone deaf too.

just because

i bet fox is pissed that the private investigator they hired couldn't find her first and that tmz broke the story before it could air on tv in november live shows.

rockgirljenn

People who know nothing are so cruel. David I am SO happy for you!!! I hope when you finally get to meet your birth mother the reunion will be a very happy one!!! Your friends couldn't be happier for you : )

Holly

I remember his first audition, cringeworthy.....what about his adoptive parents. The guy is not a bad singer but he's so far up his own a*se its sad other singers got rejected for this wannabe. But the X Factor is about who makes good tv not raw talent.

The_Darrell

David: "Hi mom! Oh my God, this is so weird... I don't know what to say or talk about"

Birth Mother: "How about we talk about financials? How much are you making while on this show? How much will you receive if you win? What kind of job did you have before this show? I notice you have a lot of tattoos... Tattoos are expensive... You must have money, right? How much did your hat cost? Was it expensive? If it was expensive, may I have it? Do you get to crash at LA's pretend house? If so, can I stay too?

dm99

That is soo awesome, and I'm excited for him!!

Big D

He gets on TV, starts to earn big money and mom shows up, didn't that happen to Kellie Pickler.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments