Barack Obama

RIPPED By Bayonet Co.

We're Still Relevant!!!

10/23/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1022_marine_bayonet_Getty
President Barack Obama has offended the bayonet community ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with multiple people in the bayonet industry who tell us they were shocked and even offended when Obama brought up the weapon during last night's debate.

FYI -- Obama was going after Romney when he said, "You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed."

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program ... because "the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations."

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. -- a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets -- who tells us he believes Obama's comment was "ignorant ... because our soldiers still use bayonets."

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time -- he should get educated on it”

For the record, Riker says he won't be voting for Obama ... "and I didn't vote for him last election either."

jak

Oh, pleeeze! The point Obama made was clear. Romney is not up on the current military technology that can successfuly replace what we have traditionally used.
Romney is antiquainted on domestic and social policy as well.

dummy

I'm voting for Romney because he's a BABE!! DILK!!!

C. Hart

This story is beyond stupid......a waste of my time.

Orian

Omar Gaddafi died from a bayonet wound. That is all.

Ranelle

I think someone missed the point! Or in this case missed the boat!

Barbara Shannon

Seriously? They were offended? He didn't say that they no longer use bayonets, he simply stated that they use FEWER bayonets. Sheesh, it's all semantics isn't it in the constant battle over the words used rather than the entirety of a statement.
I was more offended at seeing another Mitt Romney appear at the debate-I certainly hope that those who are voting for Gov. Romney know WHICH Gov. Romney they are voting for, since there seem to be so many versions of him now.

SandRich

'Dirty Old Men' sitting around the campfire telling lies.
'Mighty Warriors' stalking deer with automatic rifles.
'Washed-up Politicians' backing the worn-out NRA.
The fact that we still think we need to kill is ludicrous.
If you must kill something, to git a job in a slaughterhouse.

Mrs Wright

He said "fewer' Bayonets not none. And only Marines do bayonet training. The entire Military used to be trained.

Jac

I'm pretty sure his comment does NOT say that the military doesn't use bayonets at all and that there are FEWER. Quit being so sensitive to everything!

Kiki

Thank you Mr Riker...my thoughts exactly.

Tim

Do you know that a bayonet can save your life no matter what country you are in, close combat with an insurgent could cost you your life with out a close combat weapon such as a bayonet. stupid people need to shut up. Don't comment on something if your clueless to what is going on.
You know I'm almost tempted to run for president, I can no longer sit around and watch our government slowly destroy our country. I know I may not know half of what is going on, however I am former Marine Corp Infantry and I do know that its all bast on deception and lies. The apocalypse is not going to be zombies, its gonna be the whole population of the USA rioting over the slow downfall of the economy and price jumps. rant over!

badams

For the record, Obama said FEWER bayonets... not ZERO bayonets. So in fact his statement is correct and once again someone twists the words to their own end.

Reading Comprehension is KEY

Ok people - Barack did not say bayonets are no longer used. The president's comment was that they are used less!! If you heard it live last night or read it this morning...the key is comprehension folks!!!

hollywoodspotlitecom

jeez, who really cares about this...

liz

who caressss? so irrelevant.