Lisa from 'Saved By the Bell'

Bipolar Accusation

Is LAUGHABLE

10/25/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102412_lark_vorhees_launch
Lark Voorhies
-- who played Lisa Turtle on "Saved By the Bell" back in the day -- says her mother's full of crap ... insisting she is NOT bipolar, despite her mother's claims.

Lark's mother recently told People her daughter had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder -- but this week in L.A., Lark told us she finds the report "comical."

But the video is really bizarre -- Lark can't seem to complete a thought, taking abnormally long pauses and speaking nonsensically ... saying things like, "Well you know, people want to express themselves and ... you know, they will do so at free random."

"The particular trade editorial [presumably People] and I are not in agreement, however. It’s so far left from what was actually atrast [???] or brought about."

Watch the video and see for yourself.

1025_saved_footer

Rhonda C. Poynter

I hope that I word this carefully and respectfully, because we have mental/emotional issues in our own family: My father was a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia, and my son has mental/emotional issues due to neurological wasting disease/autism. With that said, could there be any possibility that Lark has a neurological issue, more than a 'mental' issue? She acts almost as though she is 'shorting out', which is a big time symptom in diseases such as Huntington's, etc. Whatever it is, I hope that she has a true support system, and gets better soon.

Rhonda C. Poynter

Yes, I saw the typo - 'schizophrenic' - hey, it's too early in the morning, still.

BOHOE

She actually seems intelligent and nice ....... her neuro issues interfere with an accurate perception of who she really is .........back off and wish her well

cindy

I dont think she is bi polar, I think she is just black. They often have problems losing their minds in their 30s. Mariah Carey, Martin Lawrence and all of the Jacksons started losing their mind during these years. Its so sad.

lanie

Wow. That is really upsetting and disturbing.. She is clealy not well.. I hope that she's getting mental heatlh treatment.. This left me so sad.. : - (

Babydoll0630

She just seemed drunk to me. She COULD have bipolar, but why would her mom do that to her? What a B.

Mae

Gee TMZ, would you ridicule somebody with a broken leg this way? Oh wait, yeah, you would. Keep it up guys, I need a marker for the lower end of my moral boundary.

AsYouWere!

She literally dozed off into a "cat nap" in a middle of a conversation, LOL! I'm not sure if she's bipolar but she could sure as hell be narcoleptic.

CriticXtreme

You're insane for visiting Dr. Frankenstein and messing with your face.

jersey

It is unlikely that she developed a mental health disorder at this stage in life. She is most likely suffering from a brain injury, short seizures, or another health-related disorder. Her sympthoms (pauses/loss of words) are related to bipolar disorder, but it typically develops when people are in their 20's.

karismithx

I was really interested to hear what she was going to say about religion because I had heard she was a Jehovah's Witness (I'm an ex JW). All I learned is we are all built on our spiritual sense....or something. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure she was praying when she took that long pause and looked down. I think she had to consult with god before proceeding with her comment. I wonder if he told her to say "atrast"?

sataylo

That's so sad!!

gingerrogers

Hey "Snowman with the turnip nose" - If you own a set of eyeballs, it should be patently obvious to you by looking at her that she has LUPUS written all over her cheeks. - Probably secondary to another autoimmune disease. Anyone with autoimmune can recognize it and no, one doesn't need to be a doctor to see nor understand it, you bonehead!

Straight Talkin Texan

If she is bipolar, she could be on some medicines that may make her not speak well.

Straight Talkin Texan

And people who are bipolar can hallucinate. That's a possible symptom.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments