Natina Reed Dead

R&B Singer Killed

After Being Hit By a Car

10/27/2012 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1027-natina-reed-getty
Natina Reed, a member of the 90s R&B group Blaque, was killed in Georgia last night after being struck by car. She was 32.

According to the Gwinnett Police Department, the driver of the vehicle that hit Reed called 911 at 10:30 PM last night. She was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center 29 minutes later.

A press release said that Reed "was in the roadway on Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road when struck."

Police say the investigation is ongoing, but say the driver "was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."

In addition to her singing career, Reed appeared in the 2000 film, "Bring It On." She was a protegé of the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.

Reed is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, whose father is rapper Kurupt.

OrganicGrl

If you never been to this area don't say it is more to this story. I live in Gwinnett County and this area is very busy with a lot of stores and very dangerous because it is dark. Lawrenceville highway is a major street that will take you through 6 cities and take you into Dekalb county so it is very busy to bypass I 85 interstate. Keep in mind the area she was hit has a lot of businesses and apartments and it wasn't unusual for her to walk there that time of night.

Jazz

She was my friends roommate. She was a drug addict and a prostitute. She didn't pay her rent and was constantly talking about how famous she was and how we couldn't understand her world. She was walking across a VERY busy and VERY big road at night, dressed in all black. Everyone is talking about the son she left behind, but she had already left him, he didn't stay with her. Everyone only remembers that she was kinda famous at one point, but really, when's the last time you even heard anything from her? I don't think she deserved to die, but don't make her into a saint now...

john

I checked her images and just like Beyonce, if you take away the wigs and the piles of makeup.......woof!

verlinda

Wow...R.I.P.

HRH Prince Michael

Without a doubt, "Bring it all to me" by Blaque, is close
to the perfect R&B single.
My condolences to Ms. Reed's family, friends, and loved-ones.

BOHOE

was there any damage to the car other than some smeared lipstick on the windshield

stripper heels

she was so pretty! RIP to her!

Diamond Goddess!

Beautiful girl!
What a shame...and she has a young son.

crystal

it so crazy,is she the one that left eye found . so sad

River

Rest in peace.

Ciz

Lawrenceville Highway is not a highway smh. RIP Natina. I met you a few months ago at the Westin on Peachtree. I pretended I didn't know who you were till we got on the topic of me being from Philly and Kurupt being your baby dad. You shared some plans you had for your future with a stranger and I wont forget the hour or so we spent on the steps talking. Condolences to your family. It's a shame you and Left Eye went too soon.

Bobby Riendeau

RIP, I never heard of her, but its sad.

Firstchoice

The devil is very busy nowadays!

varedhead

Right down the street from my sister's house - wow

varedhead

Right down the street from my sisters house in Lawrenceville Wow!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments