Pepper-Spraying Bouncer

Sam Worthington Said

He Was a DEA Agent

11/5/2012 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105_sam_worthington_02
Who knew ... Sam Worthington is a method actor ... because right after he was pepper sprayed in Atlanta this weekend, he claimed he was a DEA agent and threatened the bouncer who maced him -- so claims the very pissed off bouncer.

The bouncer -- Jerry Link -- tells TMZ, he maced Worthington when the actor went belligerent outside the bar ... and Worthington screamed, "I'm a DEA agent! You f**ked up now!"

FYI -- Worthington is playing a DEA agent in the movie he's currently filming in the ATL.

Link tells us, Worthington rolled up to Vortex Bar and Grill in Atlanta, wearing a dirty hoodie and carrying a bunch of clothes ... and everyone thought he was a homeless person. Link says he refused to let Worthington inside because he was too drunk.

TMZ broke the story ... Worthington was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly pushing Link in retaliation.

The charges were dismissed this morning because Link was a no-show in court.  Link is calling BS ... because no one asked him to be there.

And this is funny ... Link (clearly not a movie person) tells us, he had no clue Worthington was famous until today -- "I've never seen 'Avatar' or 'Terminator."

You're not missing much.

PatinNJ

I have never seen this guy either. Is he really famous?

b

I have never watched those movies. If u r a jerk you will be treated like one.

Chris

And, who else (in a So cal surfer type of voice) said "I'm a DEA agent!" That would be Keanu Reeves in Point Break. Hah!!

Parker

shows you how much he impressed me..saw avitar and still dont know who this (p)................rick is!

awesomewave

And probably no one believed him. He's a bad actor with no charisma.

Big Boy Pants

of course the bouncer didn't believe him - Sam is one awful actor. Comes across with all the charisma of a log.

greer

My friend once saw him so drunk years ago in Sydney that he pissed himself. At the bar. He is not a well bunny.

Reg

What a Flog.

NOT ELMO

This guy has a USA-WORK-VISA and it is NOT a good idea for him to start getting Arrested all over the place, He is lucky to be in AVATAR #1, #2 and #3...

Aaron

Australians are a smart bunch, are't they?

Ali

Oh dear, poor Sam! Sounds like it's time for a nice little visit to rehab. It's so sad when these actors go crazy. He doesn't seem like a drunk or a druggie, but all of that sure sounds like he has some type of problem. I wish him well and hope he sorts himself out.

Ozzie X

He sounds like an ego maniac.

JDoors

My guess: Drugs. My prediction: Rehab.

Nancy Johnson

I'm a big fan, I love Sam Worthington's movies. It is sad that the only way to get publicity is to f#@* up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2