Jermaine Jackson

I'm CHANGING

My Last Name

11/8/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1107_JERMAINE_JACKSON_tmz
Jermaine Jackson has filed a request to legally CHANGE his last name ... trading out "Jackson" for "Jacksun" ... TMZ has learned.

Jermaine filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.

In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for "artistic reasons" ... but he does not give any further details about the move.

The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge -- but a hearing has been scheduled.

Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication ... just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.

We reached out to Jermaine ... so far, no response.

Repeter

All the Jacksons are Wacko. Or in this case WackU.

I can't wait to see if their next generation can be a little normal or whether they'll be just as greedy & screwed up.

Javadude54

I can see him talking to his lawyer about it. "If I change my name, I can still get money from my family... right? Right??!!

LISA

Is that pic his wax statue? I thought he already changed his name to Mohammad Abdul Aziz?

Lurker

Who cares?

Diva

Much more appropriate for this spot light chaser is name change to Jack-Off

Sarah

Doesn't mater how he spells it, it still will be pronounced Idiot.

MichaelJACKSON

Because the only thing that was standing between Jerm and his artistic ambitions was the letter "O" in Jackson. What a loser. I swear to God Katherine and Joe are cousins. There is no other explanation for everything.

Music Manager

Yo..That's a great name change because he face look's JACK'd Son!

His face look's like you could make some shoes out of it.Or a belt.
Beef jerky too.
Raw HIDE!!

X

WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE A PLASTIC DOLL? WHAT'S UP WITH HIS HAIR? WHY IS HIS SKIN ALWAYS SHINNY? ARE THOSE CHEEK IMPLANTS? I NEED ANSWERS...

furious cupcakes

Further lets me know he is the most non-creative person on the planet.

Marie

He named his kid "Jermajesty". This is probably the least crazy thing he's done.

x

stupid.

zoe

Not surprised from a guy who named his kids Jafar and Jermagesty... Jermaine Jackson has long suffered from a mistaken belief that he will one day have a relevant career and continues bickering with his family and trying to find new ways to publicize himself. Of all the Jacksons, I have often found him to be among the least interesting, friendly, or tolerable. He needs to set his ego aside and be there for his family. And, perhaps one day accept he's no Michael or Janet.

tansubh

Well he has to grab the headlines somehow...