Martin Lawrence

'I Might Be Back

to TV Soon'

11/7/2012 10:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

110712_martin_lawrence_launch
It's been 15 years since his iconic sitcom went off the air ... but Martin Lawrence tells TMZ ... HE MIGHT BE BACK ON TV!!!

Martin and his family were leaving Boa Steakhouse in Hollywood last night when he told us he's decided to take a break from the world of movies ... but when it comes to the small screen, Lawrence said, "I may be back to TV soon."

Martin didn't give up any details about his TV plans ... but it MAY have something to do with a sitcom he was reportedly working on earlier this year.

According to reports, Martin had struck a deal to get the show on CBS, but the network pulled the plug back in May.

Now, it seems like there may still be life in the project ... unless Martin has a whole NEW SHOW up his sleeve. Hopefully it involves Gina.

dUb-iLL

Super relevant... Thanks guys!

Brian

Maarrrrttttttiinnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Joao

There's a reason he hasn't been around...
Hollyweird only uses blacks who will participate in the media's grand historic scheme to degrade their own race... and there are plenty of blacks who will sell out on their people for a quick buck [then bankruptcy] . But have you noticed that there has NEVER been a "sitcom" where Jews exposed their stereotypes and anti-Christian bigotry... and there won't be. Jews are the forever victims, NEVER the victimizes... and blacks are stupid for allowing themselves to be characterized as dumb, social parasites, criminals, worthless males, angry women and buffoonish.

blackwhitemeet

[ Blackwhitemeet.com ]--I just met a chocolate man by Google or Bing ~~ [ Blackwhitemeet.com ] ~~ It’s where for men and women looking for interracial'ship
It’s a nice place for black white sing'les, to interact with each other, I just want to say:: Love me Love my color

CelebJustice

Thanks for the warning

hotbitch

Woo woo woo woooo!!!! I still watch Martin reruns all the time. That was the funniest show. I can't expect it to be the same but hopefully he comes with something good. I'm still pissed off that he and Tisha Campbell fell out. They had amaaaaazing chemistry together.

jenny ruby

i recall hearing something a while ago about a reality show nelson was doing. I did see the 2 boys and a girl or girl meets world thing and i thought that might be it but wasnt sure. I would love to be apart of it with them.

ohboy

I don't care what he does. From this day forward I am anti-black on every issue presented to me. So fcuk him. After the election, I will no longer support blacks. And yes, at one point in my life I was VERY pro multi-culturalism, as hard as that is to say.

wendy

No, let me tell everyone that back in the day he was beyond per5version. look it up..he had actors that "crept" away...this guy should never have any thing public again! He's a pig, do your homrwork!

zombie

WHOA. STOP.THE.PRESSES! This is important news that all of us have been wondering about. Forget poverty, war, disease, the economy, what we have all been stressing about is when Martin Lawrence would be back on tv.

DaveT

Been a while, hard to remember Martin show, but Martin dressed as the crazy woman neighbor was funny.
His movies are hit-and-miss, some have been pretty boring sleepers, some have been pretty good, really liked the Life movie with him and Eddie Murphy.

MADE MAN

I would love to see a new and improved Martin show, married with children or any other successful tv show any day over this scripted reality tv bs that's plaguing television today

KBurr

Look forward to it!!! But love his Movies toooooooo.....

firebaby

"hopefully it involves gina".....? hopefully not, you guys forgot what happened on the original show? apparently he sexually harassed her, to the point of them not filming any scenes together (including the finale)...

myopinion