Barbara Walters

Lindsay's Leno Interview

Is a Slap in the Face

11/12/2012 9:18 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

111212_view_walters

Barbara Walters
is straight-up insulted that Lindsay Lohan canceled an interview with her to chat with Jay Leno instead -- claiming Lindsay's people didn't even have the courtesy to explain why she pulled out.

Barbara spoke out on "The View" this morning, saying, "If they'd said to me 'You know, Barbara, she isn't up to the kinds of questions that you might ask' ... If they had told me that, I wouldn't feel quite as disappointed as I do today."

Lindsay had previously been scheduled to do an interview with Walters on "20/20" but the actress canceled -- and Barbara claims Lindsay's people gave her a BS excuse ... that LiLo just wasn't feeling "up to it."

Next thing Barbara knew, Lindsay's people had booked her on Leno instead -- and she's insinuating ... it's because Leno won't ask the hard-hitting questions Barbara wanted to.

Lindsay's Leno interview is supposed to air next week.

She refused to talk to Barbara -- but you'll recall, Lindsay opened up about her family problems on TMZ Live just last month. The interview was explosive.

1112_lindsay_live_launc2

Dennis Johnson

Barbara I KNOW you would have had a better interview with a empity chair.The chair has more going on for it than Lindsay.THE SAINTS!!!!!!!BEAT THE FALCONS SUNDAY........GO SAINTS!

WiddoMouse

Barbara Walters and Jay Leno are different interviewers. Barbara does the serious interview and will make Lindsay uncomfortable with the truth. Jay does interviews that are far more light and humorous. Each has their own audience. Don't put Jay down for catering to his audience. Barbara and Jay have different questions. I hope in time Lindsay will speak to both of them,

D

Jay: So Lindsay, how's it going?

Lindsay: Jay (sniff), it's going great. I have (sniff) several (sniff) scripts that (sniff) I'm reading (translation: I don't have anything going on, someone please send me some scripts so I can pay my drug dealer!)

Jay: That's great, Lindsay, thanks for coming on! We'll be right back with Mischa Barton.

magmax

Now we'll never know the answer to Walters intended question "If you were an STD, what kind would you be?".
Bummer

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

In which alternate universe / reality does Babawawa ask "hard-hitting questions"? Why on earth do you think she got all the big names who don't talk to real interviewers to interview all these years? Because she NEVER asks the real questions and NEVER really goes "there". She's a fluffer. That's why!

Vorlon

messenger.
if you were not illiterate or naive you wouldn't be on this a$$hole site let alone be posting on it, get over yourself.

Vorlon

Fixed it for ya ;)

H8TURD DELUXE

I am a "loser hater".

I hate losers.

Linds is a loser.

QED

Vinsetta

I'm pretty sure Walters was not going to ask Lohan what kind of tree she is. Weeping willow I would say because she's in tears when things go to shyt.

monique

old babs rambles on and on like she lost an "A" list celeb interview, it's lindsay lohan for god's sake, when was she last relevant

ok

Who made Walters God? It's a free country. Why would Lindsey want to be cross-examined by walters and give herself more stress.

seamus

I have said here before that Walters does not do hard hitting interviews but Lindsay's lack of respect is disgraceful.Like Walters or not she is successful and is still relevant. Bitch Lohan should stop burning bridges, Walters would have gone easy on her and celebrities always have issues they will not discuss.Lohan is a washed up drug addicted fame whore. The interview cancellation shows just how low she has gone.

S321Saint

First who CARES if someone told BABA they didnt want to hear her drivel? No one with any intelligence ever watched Walters and of course now...she doesnt have aleg to stand on. Lohan has no reason to tell BABA ahead of time she doesnt want to talk to her.

janet

Leno is a talk show host. Not an interviewer. Very big difference.

People go on the talk shows to promote whatever. Movie, TV show, commedian, singer, band, book. Whatever is popular at the current time.That's it. There is no so-called interview.

jc

Anybody wanna bet she flakes on Leno too?

Jay

Oh well Babs is was stupid to even give this silly little girl a chance to talk on your show in the first place. When are people going to get tired of getting f*ked over by this talentless hack and just stop giving her chances.

I feel bad for the audience memebrs of the Tonight Show who are going to be forced to clap for this nasty criminal junkie hasbeen.