« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Brendon Ayanbadejo

Raiders Gave Me Props

On Gay Crusade

11/13/2012 12:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1112_brendon-ayanbadejo_getty
Who said the NFL was a hotbed for homophobia??? Baltimore Ravens star and equality advocate Brendon Ayanbadejo tells TMZ, several Raiders players were amped Maryland legalized gay marriage last week ... and even gave him props during Sunday's game.

Brendon tells us, "Three Raiders congratulated me on working with and for marriage equality. I remember their names but I will keep that to myself."

He adds, "Ethnicity-wise, it was two white guys and one black guy. Ethnicity plays an important part in this movement."

(FYI -- the Raiders got their asses kicked 55-20)

Brendon -- who's heterosexual -- has been an outspoken gay rights advocate for years (which is pretty rare in the NFL) and now says he's taking the battle for marriage equality back to his native California.

Brendon says he's got some serious NFL back-up too -- with Vikings punter Chris Kluwe and Browns LB Scott Fujita who've already pledged their allegiance to the cause.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

In 2012 going on 2013 marriage should be defined as you love a person you should be able to marry that person With the exception of marrying underage children. In this day and age to make marriage an issue is stupid. Every Republican wants to follow that book of fables called the bible, It is time to put away the fairytail book and concentrate on making it that every american can have life, liberty and the persuit of happiness without the book of fables getting in the way,

OH NO!

**** all this gay marriage ****, bring back polygamy!!

ria

Dude's been an outspoken gay rights advocate for years and still living a lie. You're gay, be honest about it. No straight man would be this damn passionate about this for years. Someone that can relate to this topic will care this damn much. I see what they are trying to do here and I see why they had to mentioned that he's 'heterosexual'. They want more straight men to accept and fight for this gay lifestyle. This gay agenda is on a roll.

Phishie from Philly

The last time I checked the ravens have over 90 people on the team between players, reserved injured, practice squad and coaches. So getting 3 people to say good job sucks. Don't get me wrong I'm for gay marriage because I believe it's there right.
Phishie from Philly

jimi

let's dance!!!!

Justin

Just play with your balls and keep your mouth shut. No one wants to hear you. They just want to watch you.

In all seriousness, why is being gay a racial issue too? Everything is about race or sexuality these days.

NOT ELMO

Maybe it was a BiSexual Parade...

Sinjin

Good God who cares! Have your weddings and shut up. Why are gays and blacks and everyone with a catchy Spanish surname so much more important than the rest of us!? Why is a no talent white girl born in Brooklyn with the last name of Lopez coveted and paid millions to be on American Idol? Where would she be if her last name was Smith?

The left wants everyone segregated and a victim to create one permanent underclass that will vote democratic for life. Who cares if the country is bastion of takers, welfare and filth as long as the pandering and parasitic liberals are in power.

Meg

I am so proud that people are finally taking a stand for what is right. As a straight, white female, I am appalled that our country is so far behind other, more progressive ones in gay rights. I thought we were suppossed to be an example for everyone else? This man is very brave and i am truly so proud of him.

hank the tank

Sorry, but Dude is gay

Truth

SO GAYS ARE FINALLY OUTTING THEMSELVES IN THE NFL. WONDER HOW THAT WILL GO IN THE LOCKER ROOMS AND SHOWER STALLS. EXPECT TO SEE LAWSUITS AND SO-CALLED ABUSE CLAIMS, JUST SAYIN.. #TRUTH!!

Bill Leslie

"Ethnicity-wise, it was two white guys and one black guy" - way to respect your *****ian father; way to disrespect your white Irish mother.

Meg

Though it truly saddens me to see some of these comments, I remember that we are winning this crusade. States are allowing gay marriage and all you ignorant *******s will be left behind like you should.

BA is married with kids. He is not gay. He is a brave man who believes in a basic human rights issue. He is a hero to anyone around him, and he should be a hero to you jackasses that hide behind a computer screen throwing out insults and making assumptions. Standing up for gay rights makes him brave, not gay. I believe most homophobes are gay, making BA the least gay person ever.

Gotta love Canada

NOthing drives me crazy more then hearing backward assed gun-totting Americans saying their stupid sh*t!!! Gays are people and deservce to be happy and if that means getting married well so be it. Come to Canada, we aren't ignorant fools!

faine

#6--It takes more balls to do what he's doing off field than on. It takes none to be a homophobic little prick.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments