Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter

Arrested After

Suspected Heroin Overdose

11/14/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Stephanie Rose Bongiovi
Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi was arrested at her college in Upstate New York early this morning after allegedly overdosing on heroin ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Town of Kirkland Police Department, cops responded to a dorm room at Hamilton College after someone reported that Stephanie had allegedly overdosed on heroin and was unresponsive.

Along with police, emergency medical personnel also responded to the scene and found Stephanie alive.

Cops say a drug task force searched the scene and found a "small quantity" of heroin ... along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Stephanie was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia -- all misdemeanors.

Stephanie was eventually released from custody -- and ordered to appear in court at a later date.

Another student was also arrested -- a 21-year-old male -- who was also charged with drug possession.

Stephanie is Jon's only daughter -- and the oldest of his 4 children with wife Dorothea Hurley.

GothamGirl

Wow, I've never seen anything like this! The outpouring of support for a rock star's druggie daughter. You'd think Bon Jovi had a paid staff!

Hope

Such a tragic part of our culture and there seems to be no end in sight. Young people are ruining their lives with these dangerous drugs and their use continues to be something that is not openly and personally discussed in polite society. The first step in correcting a problem is talking about it, but unless there is a police report this activity is kept so confidential or denied by schools, universities, families, communities, etc. More effort seems to be made on protecting the problem than protecting the young, curious and vulnerable kids. We need to clean up our culture for the sake of our young people. No easy answers for complex problems.

Scotty

Hamilton College, from two high school drop outs, pretty impressive. Now they can buy their daughter's way out of trouble, but they caused it. Was their home drug free? I doubt it!

YM

sad story, her father seems a nice guy.

mrsschrute

overdose and/or drug addiction are very private matters. this girl no doubt did not need to be arrested. it sounds more like she needed to be hospitalized and be with her family. wtf is wrong with prosecutors, overzealous cops? for god's sake. leave this girl alone and stop making it such a big horrible thing. she obviously has enough issues. drug use and experimentation are a part of growing up. i suggest the media, lawmakers and idiots in this country do the same.

Wilkygirl

All of you people that are here blamimg the parents are completely WRONG..Right after I graduated high school a guy I liked offered me a few lines of cocaine. I knew it was wrong, my parents raised 10 children of their own, as well as many foster children and we were taught right from wrong. I wanted to show this guy I was cool and never believed it when people said they can get hooked the first time.
Well it took me only 6 months to totally destroy my life and hit rock bottom. I lied, I stole, I had sex with this kid to get coke. It blew up in my face when I stole pills from where I was working and two kids OD'd on them. My name came out as the source and the police were involved. If these kids didnt make it I was going to be charged with negligent homicide. They were okay, Thank God. I went to inpatient rehab for 28 days. Rehab was good but I allready knew drugs were bad and I never wanted to touch them again. My problem at rehab was the counseling, The therapists there tried to get me to blame my parents, I couldnt do that. Every kid gets mad at their parents sometimes. This was not their fault, I knowingly made my choices, I understood what I was doing. I was 18 it was my choice not theirs.
So all of you saying bad parenting need to wake up and stop pointing fingers. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. They will need strength, understanding and forgiveness to get through this difficult time

NoBozo

Do kids today really have no idea how addicting heroin is, or are they just rich, irresponsible, and stupid? How sad for this silly dumb girl. Hope dad gives her a reality check, cuts the trust fund, and she grows up without cold turkey withdrawal.

Really

Jon and Dorthea are both decent people and like most parents I'm sure have tried to raise their kids right. Hopefully this was just a bad mistake and she will get some help. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jon and his family!

Sautxyca

Really sad. And making her parents proud. Hope SRB isn't hooked and will be OK. Talk about trashing your many, many blessings. No one wants to see another Heather Locklear in the Bon Jovi clan.

bryan

all these negative comments are a joke. I know you all must live the perfect life and your family as well. You never had any issues, and you all are in the place to judge cause you know the family personally. You don't so grow up. So the Obama comments, and the Crack Whore comments, you people are just pathetic. It be great if something like this happened to you in your life, we will see what kinda comments you would be making then. GROW the hell up.

Lynn

Just watch an I interview where he stated he never spends birthdays or holidays with his family ...maybe he should stop caring about his " celebrity statue" and start to care about his family..when is enough- enough? A lot of celebrity don't dare about their families...

WarOnDrugsMemorial

Once again...addiction is no respecter of persons...May this young lady recover fully and may this experience influence Jon to become a voice in this horrible war on drugs...https://www.facebook.com/WarOnDrugsMemorial

donji

Hope the young lady gets the help she needs heroin is killing way too many people especially young people. A.A. or N.A. could help her.

realist

My heart goes out to her family and to Stephanie, however she is NOT a kid, she is 19 and you can get legally married and give birth at 16, fight and die for your country at 16 , vote as an adult at 18 , she is in NO way shape or form a kid . There are kids all over the world, looking after siblings, helping to care for disabled parents having to be the man or woman of the house, this young lady is an ADULT and as such I dont think her family have any legal jurisdiction over her, unless she becomes a danger to herself or others and gets sectioned you cannot force addicts into rehab.

realist

it was also a criminal activity and she should face the full consequences of her actions including being prosecuted for posession of illegal drugs and expelled for breaching school rules, that is what would happen to an ordinary person