Def Leppard Guitarist

Love Bites ...

Files For Divorce

11/18/2012 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1116_vivian_campbell_wifeBringin' On the Heartbreak ... Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell has filed for divorce from his wife Julie Campbell ... after 25 YEARS of marriage, TMZ has learned.

Campbell -- who joined Leppard in 1992 -- filed docs in Los Angeles County Superior Court  ... citing irreconcilable differences.

According to docs ... the rock-star couple tied the knot waaaaay back in Feb. 1987. They have two young daughters together, ages 13 and 11.

Campbell is asking for joint legal and physical custody of the girls ... he's asking the judge to deny spousal support to Julie.

We reached out to Vivian for comment ... so far no word back.

Jorge

What a jerk. Deny spousal support after 25 years??? If they married in Cali he may have to pay spousal support for the rest of her life if she doesn't remarry.

Bellajayne

I love Viv. He's a great guy and one of the best guitarists around. I wish him all the best.

Rotter

Oh, he'll pay alright.

RealityBites

I'll give them credit for lasting 25 years, very rare in the rock world, they usually trade their wives in for young strippers after a few years. I wish them both the best.

Star Whacker

Looks like he's been married to his sister. I guess its true what they say about married people eventually looking like each other. Just sayin'! Seems like they once were a nice couple though.

Kari

After 25 years of marriage, he wants to deny her any support? What an ass.

t

and on another note...who names their son "Vivian"? Isnt that a girls name?? LOL!

ANT

This man owes Ronnie James Dio a huge apology as well...The Man On The Silver Mountain took Viv under his wing to be treated like he was the man..Wow, I never expected to see his name here...But ripping off his ex...shows he has an ego still....From Dio to Def Leppard....shame shame shame.....You were better than that!!!! Much...

ANT

He should have been considerate and tried to work the marriage until his kids are 18....That's totally not fair to them at all. He's just bagging the whole thing....I feel sorry for the young ones....

nadia

This is old news. They have been separated and living apart for a long time. The divorce part of it is just perfunctory.

tleeg

What an a-hole. Hes worth millions and doesnt wanna give the mother of his children support. I seriously doubt she has as much money as him.

fargone

Any Kali marriage past 10 year mark will trigger alahmoney and probably big bucks in this case....long time....forever...maybe.

DaveT

Apart from Def Leppard I've always liked Vivian as a guitar player, but prefer the old Def Leppard with Pete Willis on guitar, they rocked harder....Hit and Run!

Jorge

He's worth 50 mill really?? I doubt it but what do I know. I don't even think Joe Elliott is worth that much after taxes. All I know is dude (Vivian) needs to use some of that 50 mill towards some braces and getting his toofs whitened. That is, before he starts paying for the younger p.s.y. Actually, he should be made to pay his wife 50 mill for kissing his snagglepuss for 25 years.

Donna Bristow

This is no shock. Why don't y'all just leave Vivian alone please!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments