« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Macho' Camacho

Boxing Legend

SHOT in Puerto Rico

11/20/2012 5:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1120_Hector-Macho-Camacho_stretcher
Hector "Macho" Camacho is in critical condition after being SHOT multiple times in Puerto Rico tonight ... this according to multiple reports.

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car around 7 PM local time ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face.

The driver of Camacho's car was reportedly killed in the attack.

1121_hector_camacho_Splash
According to reports, Camacho was taken to a hospital and is currently listed in critical condition.

Cops are investigating -- so far, it's unclear if police have identified any suspects.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

spokenword

First johnny tapia, now camacho. These guys made boxing exciting back in the day, when people still watched boxing.

Bigchipski

@Trecee... Lets just say its retaliation. Go back into TMZ archives and you'll see where this began. I'll just leave it at that. He died a couple of hours ago.

Bill Leslie

Puerto Rican family values ya'll.

pichiswifey01@yahoo.com

People needs to save there stupid comments about Camacho cause what he did in his life its not ur concern ok. This **** couldoff happens to any of ur members wheather is in Puerto Rico or not.

Bigchipski

The short answer is revenge. Lets just say revenge for abuse.

Santasunsetwoodica

I hope vince mc mahon has a moment of silence at next wwe event macho man was the best!

oaktownpayer510

I pray for Camachos family that they find the people that did this awful thing and put them away for life.

Deviant

I'm going to put my money on the dead theory. RIP.

Bigchipski

Not a theory. Family will make a statement very shortly. Great boxer. Troubles out of the ring. RIP. we have all sinned...

Bigchipski

@Melissa1987. Great question! You might be on to something. Lets see it plays out. If I'm right I want you to do me a favor.

Mawillis75

He did beat up his son.

Truth

I used to have an apartment in the ESJ towers in San Juan right next to Hector's apartment. Hector would go to the night club in the El San Juan hotel downstairs and was a pretty nice guy. Even sent over a bottle for me and my girlfriend. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island with some really great people, but there are also some really bad people and you can get shot in a second for messing with the wrong person. I mind my own business and treat everyone with respect and have never had a problem.

Melissa1987

I just read that he is in critical but stable condition. Also Wikipedia changed back to him still being alive.

Tunabandito12

We all have problems , demons , and addictions , that is what makes us human . But he still has or had a mother and a father , a family or friend. The guy is dying or dead . Boxer or not my thoughts and wishes are with him.

peaceoftheword

I just read that Macho Camacho will never be able to walk again. My prayers go out to his family and him.