Voice of Elmo Kevin Clash

Resigns

from Sesame Street

11/20/2012 10:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1120-elmo-kevin-clash-gettyKevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, has resigned from Sesame Street ... in the immediate wake of a new lawsuit accusing him of having sex with an underage boy -- the second such allegation in 2 weeks.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash is being sued by Cecil Singleton, who claims he met Kevin in a gay phone chat back in '93 ... when he was 15 and Clash was 32.

Sesame Workshop says, "Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street."

Sesame Workshop had previously told TMZ, "Elmo is bigger than any one person." That was in response to the initial underage sex accusation from Sheldon Stephens.

As TMZ previously reported ... Stephens signed a $125,000 settlement with Clash, but has since expressed regret over signing the deal which required him to recant his claim.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer

fargone

Where there's smoke there's fire. I think there will be more "boys" crawling out of the woodwork.

sgm

The issue of his sexuality is not an issue, the issue now is the preference for young underage boys which he seems to have target age of 15 instead of being in an adult relationship with men of age.

Parker

I knew ,more were to come...a pedophile never has just one boy....ask that dead pedophile michael jackson!

Jannie

So Sesame Street "resigned" him (they didn't fire him, but basically forced him to resign). Why am I not surprised by ANY of this. Saddened, yes. Surprised, no. Clash signed his own admision of guilt the moment he paid his first accuser.

Sarah

Has anyone seen the do***entary on him??? He does not seem like the type of person that these people are saying he is. I hope it's not the truth.

cindy

Now we need Obama to do the same thing. He was known while living in Chicago to be a frequent visitor to the gay clubs. I would suggest googling Larry Blend and Nate Spencer. These were two gay members of Rev Wrights church who were murdered shortly before Obama was elected the first time in execution style killings.

StevenCarpio

Tmz go troll romney and ask him what he thinks of Elmo and PBS hahahahaha

Eric in L.A.

Rush out and get the "Bend me over Elmo" doll for X-mas

Sapphiegirl

Knew this was coming! Can't work for Sesame Street and have a underage sex scandal (whether true or not) and expect to keep your job!

priscilla

I watched his do***entary and he seemed like a really awesome guy. one guy says it so he offers him money to not ruin his rep so why wouldnt another guy pop up lookin for money. thats not proof he did anything. that first guy was like a convicted felon and a known liar

c

What the hell was a 15 year old doing on a gay phone chat unless he was looking for sex? He got exactly what he wanted so I don't see the abuse. I'm against child rape but a 15 year old is not a child and if they go trolling for sex, well, that's on them. Just another s***bag out for money.

Joao

Well, TMZ are you happy? You just ruined another person's career.
Karma is a bitch.

buzz kill

Always knew Seasame Street way gay.

Spencer B in MD

YES! I hope that this PEDOPHILE GAY LOVER OF LITTLE BOYS eventually gets taken to court - or just offs himself (permanently and preferably). Buh-bye F@G

Mustard

I in no way agree with a grown man having sex with a teenager but calling him a pedophile? Is that guy that married Courtney Stodam a pedo? I think we have over sexualized children so much that a 16 yr old feels like they are an adult. I don't think that means go ahead nd have sex but teens are not the same as a 10yr old. To say this man goes after little boys is really unfair. There is a big difference between a young man that has finished puberty and one that hasn't even started yet. Gee it really sounds like I'm defending this but I'm not. Just wondering if its fair to label him a pedophile when he may very well have been under the impression they were over 18.