Charlie Sheen

Paid Lindsay Lohan

$100K to Cover Tax Debt

11/25/2012 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1123_sheen_lohan
Don't ever say Charlie Sheen's not the charitable type -- because he recently cut Lindsay Lohan a $100,000 check to cover the actress' six-figure tax bill ... all out of the goodness of his heart ... sources tell TMZ.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she and Charlie became close pals while on the set of "Scary Movie 5" back in September -- spending a lot of time together both on and off the set.

1123_sheen_lohan_sub
During their bonding period, we're told Lindsay and Charlie talked about everything -- and at one point, Lindsay mentioned her ongoing tax problems.

We're told Charlie offered to cut her a check then and there to get the IRS off her tail, but Lindsay refused.

Fast forward to last week -- sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ, Lindsay's biz manager received a check from Charlie for $100,000.

We're told Lindsay was blown away by Charlie's generosity -- and immediately applied the money to her outstanding tax bill.

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay allegedly owed Uncle Sam $233,904 in unpaid taxes for 2009 and 2010 -- but thanks to Charlie, that number's nearly been cut in half.

As we reported, Lindsay's slated to earn over $2 MILLION by the end of this year -- but who knows where that's going.

0423_celebrity_tax_problems_footer

Luv

Does she want a sitcom so more people can laugh at her and not with her? She needs a shrink and a different occupation.

Andyconda

Because I grew up without a father and a hate myself, I live tweeted the premiere of Lindsay Lohan's Lifetime ****show Liz & Dick last night, and let me be clear, after ten minutes in I would have rather watched a YouTube video of my own leg being amputated. There aren't words in the dictionary to accurately describe how the wrap party just wasn't held in a funeral home with framed pictures on caskets of everyone involved. Enter Michael Lohan:
"They know nothing about @lindsaylohan talent! She has more talent in her pinky then all of them together," the proud dad tweeted. "You proved the critics wrong @LindsayLohan you are one of the best, so gifted, so amazing! Now apply it ALL! God bless you! And our family!"

Immediately after this tweet, Michael Lohan texted Lindsay to see if he could borrow $50. He also said he hated to ask, but the check cashing place in his laundromat isn't open on Sundays.

Vinsetta

The posters and comments on here are funnier that Lohan.

jc

Lovin Micheal K.....
The doctor from the #1 reason why most of us were in the emergency room last night for liver failure: Liz & Dick

My drunk ass left the TV on last night, so when I got up this morning and went into the living room, a still of a bloated Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor was still on my screen. Walking to the remote to turn that sh*t off was the worst walk of shame I've ever taken. When I woke up, I didn't even remember watching that wreck, but my TV screen just had to remind me. Looking at LiLo as La Liz on my screen was as embarrassing and shameful as seeing a dirty condom on your floor after the worst drunken one night fvck ever. Liz & Dick wasn't even awful in a HAHA way, it was just awful. But for me, the best part was the doctor who delivered the line of the night.

Liz is in the hospital for a messed up back or some ****, and her doctor strolls in casually and says like nothing, "Listen, I'm not saying it's colon cancer, buuuuuuuut we need to run more tests."

The hell kind of doctor is that? Even the doctors in Liz & Dick were low-budget.

Luv

Has Gavin disappeared? I read somewhere that he was the "rat" that was selling info to the tabloids. Just wondering if he is still around.

Vinsetta

I agree...go to Brazil where your fanbase is Lohan. Be forewarned, RC and Help will be over here trying to lay a smackdown with Lohan getting movie roles and a sitcom in her future. She's climbing the laddar haters. Even after Liz and Dick she's still loved and wanted by millions.

LLsez

@RedGray
Margaux Nissen Gray
Holy God in heaven… #LizandDick is pure torture.

Andyconda

someone on celebitchy called it "MASTERPOS THEATRE"
too funny

Vinsetta

Not only did Liz and Dick stink up the joint, but it was extremely boring. The only thing I found Lindsay remotely good at was smoking, and downing Adderal with a fifth of vodka. That she was spot on.

LLsez

__________________________________
Here Are the Highlights of Lindsay Lohan’s Atrocious Acting in Liz & Dick

Lifetime premiered its Taylor/Burton biopic, Liz & Dick, last night. It was highly anticipated because Lindsay Lohan starred as Elizabeth Taylor and schadenfreude is the marijuana of the masses. So we all went on Twitter and giggled our way through it (not terrible enough, my ass). The film delivered precisely zero insight into the strange, twisted saga of the Hollywood royalty involved. They joke broke up and got back together a lot and she breathed heavily and threw things. Grant Bowler, who played Richard Burton, got most of the straightforwardly campy lines but Lohan's amusingly horrific acting made up for Christopher Monger's bland script.

The thing people say about Lindsay Lohan — "She's such a great actress, it's such a shame that she's f^cking her life up" — seems more wrong than ever. She didn't have a lot to work with, but her delivery was often parody-of-community-theater bad. I could have put together 30 minutes of her flat line readings, but instead the video above focuses on her wordless acting, which found her at her most ridiculous. Cue the sighs.

Liz & Dick was such an event, though, that if Lohan were to do crappy, stunty roles like this regularly, she'd have something close to a career back.

_________________________________

FFS!!!!!!
I only made it through one clip ^^. So much worse that I imagined it would be, even after all of the reviews and tweets. Wow.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

Scene: Blohan DEMANDING a sitcom, her P.R. hacks reply and the networks response . . .
LL: Get me a sitcom, ASAP, I NEED MONEY!
P.R. Hack: Um, I don't think thats going to happen.
LL: NOW!
P.R. Hack phoning ABC, NBC, CBS
*ring*
ABC, NBC, CBS: Hello?
P.R. HACK: Yes, I'm calling about putting Lindsay Lohan in one of your new fall pilots. She's RELIABLE & SOBER, promise and . . .
ABC, NBC, CBS: BWHAHAHAHAHA *CLICK*
Aaaaand Scene

jc

Wonder what the ratings were....has anybody heard anything?

Luv

I think Lindsay just screwed the pooch. The paps might not be as eager now unless she's charged with lying to the police or another charge. Her star is fading.

Vinsetta

Red Cloud, when you have the time, just do a quick in and out but tell me what I have to do to win that poor things award? I know I can take it. It will be one more award than Lohan took home this year!

LLsez

Sorry Charlie: Sheen's $100K Taxes For Lindsay Lohan Itself Is Taxable

Lindsay Lohan doesn’t have Elizabeth Taylor’s earning capacity and isn’t the most disciplined starlet around. TMZ reported that Charlie Sheen paid Lindsay Lohan $100,000 to cover her tax debt. Lohan’s tax mishap started when she failed to pay close to $100K in 2009 taxes. That led to a $94K tax lien. Reports said Lohan changed management teams and tax bills were lost in the shuffle. In taxes,

But then her 2010 taxes also went missing. The IRS filed another lien against Lohan for just under $150K for the 2010 tax year. Lohan just starred in Liz & Dick though some say Lindsay Lohan did Elizabeth Taylor wrong. Enter Sheen, himself no virgin to legal scrapes. Since his pal LL allegedly owed $233,904 to the IRS for 2009 and 2010, Sheen gave Lohan a $100K leg up.

But unless Sheen’s money was loan, more taxes may be due from Sheen or Lohan. After all, when someone pays your debt you have income and the IRS gets a piece.That means Lohan would owe around $35K in taxes just for Sheen’s $100K payment.

Could Sheen say it’s a gift so not income? Maybe. (See When “Loans” Are Taxed As Income.) But then Sheen might have to pay gift tax. He can give $13K to anyone free of gift tax each year, but to give $100K he’d either have to use his lifetime credit (if he hasn’t already) or pay gift tax

As for Lohan, having the IRS file public do***ents indicating you’re a tax deadbeat must be embarrassing, especially the second time around. . At the very least, Lohan faces tax notices that must be addressed. The IRS can file a Notice of Federal Tax Lien only after:

IRS assesses the taxes;
IRS sends a demand saying how much you owe; and
You fail to fully pay it within 10 days.

Respond to Every IRS Notice! IRS liens hurt credit ratings, scare customers, prevent real estate closings and more. If possible, don’t let it get to the lien filing stage. Take tax notices and letters seriously, and follow the procedural steps outlined.

The IRS has liberalized some lien rules. Yet it doesn’t look like they’ll help Lohan.
- Forbes

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments