Angus T. Jones

I'm Sticking

With 'Men'

11/28/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1128_angus_t_jones_twomen
Angus T. Jones will NOT quit "Two and a Half Men" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the one-half actor tell TMZ ... Angus feels terrible that he caused huge problems for the cast and crew. When he recorded the video trashing the show and calling it "filth," he had no idea the story would blow up.

As it was put to us, he says he has always felt "invisible" and no one really cared what he thought about the show or anything else. He's stunned at the reaction to the video.

Our sources say Angus will finish out the season and complete his contractual obligations on the show. It's almost certain, we're told, he will not come back after this season. Indeed, we're told he wanted to quit after last season, but his reps and family convinced him it would be "stupid" to walk out on a contract that could earn him as much as $15 mil.

Mimi

Hypocrisy... they name is religious principals.

Obviously, money matters more than one's convictions. Not that the convictions were anything other the ramblings of a vulnerable young man caught up in the controlling thrall of a cult leader.

urbanlegend

I would have supported this kid if he did quit and got sued in order to demonsrate his true faith. Now I see his true colors.

ChuckA41

Nobody is forced to watch the show. It was the number one comedy on TV for quite a while, right or wrong. I have watched it, and laughed, but also know that it is simply a television show for laughs. That's really all I can say, if you choose not to watch, don't watch. But don't act like anyone that does is lowlife or anti family.

Reed

All I see is a young hypocrite in the making.

i. lucia

I quit "2 1/2 M" years ago. Cryer's character, a responsible man with a conscience and self-restraint, was made the butt of every joke. His brother, portrayed by Sheen, was a dissolute lecher who sought merely to have his gun warmed by a succession of disposable women. Natch, Hollywood presented him as the enviable, successful one. All is played out before a child portrayed by Angus Jones. It amounts to child abuse, both in fiction and in reality.
In the wake of Jones' heretical indictment of the sewage offered up by TV Land, the entertainment industry's high priests have no doubt applied their thumbscrews, bullying this young lad into announcing what respectable people they are.
Ah, free speech; gone but not forgotten.

i. lucia

Ah, free speech -- gone but not forgotten.

esleenda

Give him the most complex story line and script they can come up with, and let him pull a "Lindsay Lohan" and show the world he can't act. Then, sit back and watch as he becomes another poor, sad, broke child star. Sad, if I were 19 and had his kind of money, chances are it would be pi**ssed away too! Just a matter of what "vice" it will be. Travel, drugs, alcohol, religion, etc?

Gretchen

MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!

LiLo's boy toy

Kids a dumb ass

MadCharles

If your coming back please remove the CIB from your studio military uniform. The Combat Infantry Badge is the one with the rifle and little star on top.
I don't think you were ever in combat..

HansGruber

Really freaking annoying how over 50% of the time, the Like/Hate arrows don't work on this site and nothing happens when I click them. I am signed in and I can comment but I can't like someone else's comment. TMZ really needs to fix this.

thomas

let him go - there are plenty of other actors who could do the job just as well.

Jodi

I know he must feel like a fool. All that ranting and raving and now he sorry and will stick with "Men" until the end of the season. That's all he had to do in the first place. Talk privately with the "suits" and tell them he would not be renewing his contract because his personal beliefs have changed and he don't want to do TV anymore.

I'm pretty sure this is the end of "Men". Chuck tried to patch it up after crackhead Charlie got fired but with the "1/2 Man" now leaving the show is done. I enjoyed it with and without the crackhead.

janet

Jones isn't going to loose that money. Hell where else is going to get 350k per episode for saying maybe 4-5 words. Thank you Charlie Sheen.

ROSCOE

Angus?!? ... what the hell kinda name is that! You ungrateful little young PUNK. I hope they fire your ungrateful ass.