Halle, Gabriel, Olivier

Peace at Last

Settlement Announced

11/29/2012 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1129_gabriel_aubry_halle_berry_olivier_martinez_Article
Gabriel Aubry
and Halle Berry have reached a truce in their war over that Thanksgiving Day blowout between Gabriel and Olivier Martinez -- and their lawyers announced the peace accord with the simplest possible statement.

Halle's attorney Blair Berk just walked into the hallway outside court, and held up a piece of paper with this handwritten message: "The parties have reached an amicable agreement. There will be no further statements regarding this matter."

The statement came from Berk and Shawn Holley, Gabriel's attorney.

As TMZ first reported ... both sides were working hard to hammer out an agreement, and went into court today to present their terms to the judge.

Halle and Olivier were not in court today, but Gabriel did show up ... sporting shades to hide his gruesome bruises from the fight.

backfire

I think Halle and Olivier's AGENTS had a talk with them regarding their choices. Have a career or continuing lawsuits and headlines.

FLO

from Radaronline.
According to sources connected to the case: "Olivier will NOT be present in the future during the times that Nahla is dropped off and picked up between Gabriel and Halle. This was very important to Gabe going forward because he feared for his safety. Gabe was supposed to have Nahla on Thanksgiving, according to their custody agreement, but Halle asked if she could have the little girl that day and Gabe said yes. He had no obligation to do so, but he had been acting in good faith and knew it meant a lot to Halle, so he did it. Gabe was absolutely blindsided by Olivier and his rage.

backfire

incog99

Halle Berry = Box Office POISON!!

Sincerity

I have a "distinct feeling" getting his face "SLAMMED" into the ground was quite a "WAKE UP" call for Gabriel Aubry. He realized the police didn't believe his version of the events that transpired and fighting Halle Berry/Olivier Martinez was going to be an "uphill battle" his "TRIFLING AZZ" couldn't afford to finance. Both men will pretty much have "NO CONTACT" with one another and Gabriel Aubry's child support payments won't be "INTERRUPTED"!!! If Gabriel Aubry had any "DELUSIONS" about possibly reconciling with this woman -- THEY'RE GONE!!! Nothing says, "F" You like getting YOUR AZZ "STOMPED" by your Ex's "CURRENT LOVER"!!!

WhyNot

Gabriel settled because he knew... he started it thinking he could bully Halle into continuing the child support he gets. The very idea of her leaving the USA and not paying him to have custody of his daughter for a weekend, was repugnant. He needs her in the USA in order to keep him in the style to which HE has become accustomed. I mean... MY GOD.. the man may have to get a job!!! He got his a$$ kicked so he would look like the victim. Halle, meantime is facing incredible negative press, which Gabriel knew would happen. So they may have settled THIS fight, but Gabriel is by no means done. Why? Olivier got a ring on Halle's finger, and that means, Gabriel's freeload time is almost up. next time... he comes with a gun. And that is how I see it.

Demi

I hope Gabriel did not get some intimidating settlement

WhyNot

Let's put this into perspective. How many of us earn 20,000.00/month for babysitting every 2nd weekend and the odd holiday? Yeah... really!

roguechef

I finally had to put my 2 cents in. I cook for a posh restaurant in LA that a lot of celebrities (including HB) frequent. She has eaten quite a few times at my place. And I am so incensed about this injustice to Gabriel that I wanted to give a shout-out to other restauranteurs that are as mad as I am: NEXT TIME THEY COME INTO YOUR PLACE, BE SURE TO SPIT IN THEIR FOOD! I myself, will be looking out for the goon and his old hag and take an emergency toilet break! and there's not a thing anyone can do to stop me.......

NotYourFriend

Wow just WOW!! The stupidity on this blog amazes me! Clearly someone who has a history of physical violence is more capable of instigating a fight even if they did get their ass kicked! The police report CLEARLY states that there was no mention of death threats and gave the opposing side a chance to add on to the story, which he did not. Although both parties amicably came to an agreement somehow Halle Berry is running scared and is still the bad guy? Why can't she just be a responsible parent who's thinking long term for the well being of her child, since that's what you all said she should be doing anyways?

Joey

I believe Halle has had to make a huge payment to Aubrey to keep him from having her French thug prosecuted and sued in civil court. The tidal wave of bad publicity the past week against her and the thug has no doubt caused them to rethink their strategy, for the time being anyway. I think Aubrey also got a continuation of the same visitation/custody/child support with a proviso that the thug stays away from him at all times. This is what I heard all today at work by people who know her. Don't believe the anti-Aubrey hype you see here and other places. It is Halles PR flacks working feverishly to try to salvage her horrible reputation. Don't even get me started about Cloud Atlas.

Joey

I'd like to add that this revolting pair, Berry & Martinez, are damn lucky that Aubrey is as nice and accommodating as he is. He could have taken them down if he had wanted: lawsuits, interviews, press charges, file with CPS, he could have gone on and on making their lives a living hell.

Sociopaths are Sad

I just get this unshakable feeling that Halle is all about money. She gold-dug her way through Hollywood and became successful. She schemed and used men. Now Halle is the one who has to pay and she hates it and will do anything to get out of it. I think this is all about money. She wants Gabe out of her and her daughter's life because of money. But it won't work. IMO the worst person in all of this is Halle Berry. She seems like an incredibly selfish narcissistic person who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. But she'll have to keep paying Gabe at least until the child is of age. And I love that. Halle seems like such a monster.
Also, Halle & Martinez seem to have a really inauthentic relationship. Bizarre. Either Martinez is using Halle, or they are using each other, or Halle is actually paying Martinez to pose as her fiance (which is the subject of a blind item actually).
At any rate, Halle has created a horrible reputation for herself as no one can relate to her at all. Not men and not women. She's alienated everyone and I think her daughter will hate her as she gets older as well.
Gabe is a model and may be superficial and materialistic, but ANYONE is better than Halle. Children do not hate their parents for being superficial and materialistic, they hate their parents for being narcissistic controlling pigs. Which is my impression of Halle Berry. She seems like a total sociopath.
In time, Halle's daughter will hate her just like everyone else does.

itsme

Funny how Helle suddenly feels remorseful and is willing to bend over backwards to reach an "agreement" in record speed.
Those with her personality type only become "reasonable" (and I use that term loosely here) when their actions are about to be exposed. There's no one else for her to blame now and she loves being in the public eye more than anyone or anything else in life.

itsme

I would imagine this agreement covers only what has already occurred. If Helle brings new lies to court or makes more bad decisions, Gabe would most likely be able to attend to those accordingly.
As far as Frenchie goes, he is a separate entity and has NO say in raising Nahla. If he tries to hurt Gabriel again, it seems that Gabe could then deal with new actions accordingly.
I bet Helle's attorney told her that she is skating on very thin ice and is extremely lucky that Gabe is such a good man. If Gabe were anything like Helle/Frenchie, he would have told Halle to go to hell and gone forth in court with everything as public as possible!