Original Batmobile

Racing to the Auction Block

11/29/2012 7:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1130_batmobile_01

Are you old? Are you aware that Adam West had a career before "Family Guy?"

If so ... you might be interested in buying the ORIGINAL BATMOBILE from the 1960s TV series!!

The iconic ride is hitting the Barrett-Jackson auction block in January ... the very first time the vehicle has ever been for sale.

The car -- designed by legendary customizer George Barris -- has been a part of his personal collection since 1965 ... and now if could be YOURS! (if you're down to drive a car without navigation, bluetooth, mp3 player, etc.).

0921_stars_cars_footer

MADE MAN

That car looks scary and possessed like Christine

Cereal_Killer

Nobody knows good tv anymore I would be honored just to ride in it.

Delaware D

OMG, I want this!!

LiLo's boy toy

That is one ugly car. I wouldn't waste a saw buck on it.

Jen

Got to touch it and get my picture taken by it! FYI: It's outlined in orange to make it stand out on black and white film.

Genghis Khan

Awesome! Be interesting to see what that baby hauls in at auction.

waffles

That is one awesome car. I so want it.

CLINT

People who look at the Batmobile and say it's ugly need to understand that this car was put out in the 1960...'s for a tv show. Back then, it was one of the coolest cars out and every kid wanted one. It was a big thing to put out these funny looking cars like The Black Beauty from the Green Hornet, or The Monkee Mobile for The Monkees, or the Munster Car from The Munsters. Grandpa's casket car was the coolest. Barris Motors put out dozens of these cars. I don't know, I guess you had to be there to appreciate the work put in them and the joy that they've brought to millions of car enthusiasts.

tmzer

that's one ugly thing. i'd rather have a replica build from the first 2 movies. best batmobile design ever.

Carl

"Are you old?"

Harvey's 62. Maybe he should buy it!

O-Dog2GX

Jay Leno might grab that. That show is still on cable. It's so wack

pat

I remember as a kid seeing this car, the Munster car and the Monkees car at a museum. I think Barris took them out on the road. They were impressive.

It's part of TV history.

GOLLY

Since I was a small boy I have wanted this car. Everytime I see one for sale, I cry inside because I know I can never afford it. I was having a bad day today, and this just made it worse. Thanks TMZ

CLINT

I agree PAT. Barris made so many cool cars. As a kid, I didn't have computers and video games. I made model cars and played with my GI Joe's and read comic books. These cars are relics of what tv cars of the 60's and 70's brought to us and the memories of them are great.

Criss

"Are you old"? What the hell does that have to do with anything?
That car is still cool as hell!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments