« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jovan Belcher 911

'I Don't Know How Many Times He Shot Her'

12/5/2012 5:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1205_jovan_launch

Jovan Belcher
's mother frantically called 911 moments after the Kansas City Chiefs football player shot his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins multiple times Saturday morning ... pleading with the operator to send help ASAP while Jovan's newborn baby cried hysterically in the background.

During the call, Jovan's mother told the operator "Oh my God. Oh my God, Cassie ... The baby is crying ... get the ambulance here please!"

She continued "She is still breathing but barely. Please hurry. I don't know how many times he shot her. They were arguing."

The 911 operator asked if Kasandra was bleeding -- Belcher's mother replied, "Yes she is."

Kasandra was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

As for Belcher, he drove to the Kansas City Chiefs football facility at Arrowhead Stadium and shot himself in the head in front of team staff.

The baby is now in the custody of Belcher's mother.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

c

Seriously? They let his mother have the baby? Right, since she did such a bang-up job raising her psycho son she's the perfect choice. Doesn't his girlfriend have any relatives that would take the baby? If it was my sister I sure as hell wouldn't let her child be in the custody of that family.

She's baaaack

Awww so sad. That fvcker left his mother and his coaching staff to deal with the blood guts and horror of blowing his girlfriend and infant daughter's motehr away then blowing his brains out while he took the cowards way out and ate a bullet so he didn't have to face what he did. Why is that baby with his mother now? Not that I know anything about her or the situation but doesn't the woman he killed have a family? Does anyone know why?

She's baaaack

Yep. But for some reason men leave it up to the woman and at least 50% of the time the woman is looking for the 18 year payday, especially in the case of athletes and celebs. Time to wise up boys. You're poking fun at her and she's taking it seriously.

highesr1

Maybe the mother wanted custody of the baby know by keeping the kid she would come part of a payday that kid does from left behind NFL money.

Ashlee

OR MAYBE.. nobody from her family wanted the responsibility of a baby. You fools only see what you want to see. How about we just be happy that the baby is placed with family? What happened here was a tragedy, and to say that Belcher's mother shouldn't have custody is just ignorant.

sue

You g uys act like it is a good thing th is old lady is stuck with a newborn and a dead daughter. The daughter should have aborted, I think Jovan had post partum depression

Proud2bBlack

?

1Shuree

People are just plain cruel...FLAT OUT!

Proud2bBlack

that's not cool to put this traumatic experience online And the 911 operator should be fired. She talked to the law enforcement & medics with much more respect than she did the mother!! 911 operators should take refreshers once a week since so many terrible acts in society happen and they need to be prepared to calm a person not agitate them more!!!

texaschickeee

I get tired of hearing the stupid 911 operators asking really dumb question. If she was shot- OF COURSE she is bleeding. The fact that this man shot her unknown how many times plus was having an affair should she what a loser he was. I am also guessing roids are in his system. I hope the NFL starts doing more responsible management and stops playing favorites with the players.

WiddoMouse

Dear God. That is one of the most horrible 911 calls I have ever listened to. All the 911 operators did a professional job. I feel so sorry for the Mother who made that call. Not only did she have to witness the death of her grandchild's mother, but a short time later she would learn that her own son was also dead. All I can do is pray that God will give her the strength to go on. I don't know what I would do in her cir***stance.

MsWendy

It is ridiculous to say because her son used horrible.judgment, that the mom should not have custody of the child. According to reports from the media the mom had recently moved in to help them the child. Belcher was an adult and he choose to make these selfish decisions, not his mother

Jannie

The original article posted thismorning said the baby was with KASANDRA'S mom. TMZ must've edited it. And I still believe the baby should be with her MATERNAL grandmother, not with the mother of the man who killed her mom. Belcher's mom is not guilty of what happened, of course, but I think that it is in the baby's best interest to be with Kassie's mom, as the original TMZ article stated this morining.

coleecole412

people need to relax, I don't think that because her son shot the girl friend that shes incapable of raising their child. The baby is still her grandchild.

Anoelst

I'm not saying it's right to abuse women, but why are people act as if men should be robots? Women can f you up psychologically. Society gives them a free pass to abuse men emotionally. Not all women are like that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments