Kate Middleton Hospital Prank

First Photo of Nurse

Who Killed Herself

12/8/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Jacintha Saldanha
Finally putting a face to name, the first photo of the nurse from Kate Middleton's hospital who committed suicide hours after two Australian DJ's pranked her has just been released.

Scotland Yard sent out the haunting snap-shot of Jacintha Saldanha -- the nurse on-call at King Edward VII Hospital in London -- who was duped by two radio DJs pretending to be the Queen of England and Prince Charles.

According to Scotland Yard, the 46-year-old Saldanha was pronounced dead on scene Friday and her death is currently listed as "unexplained." An autopsy will be held next week.

Saldanha's family issued a statement. saying, "We are deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Jacintha. We would ask that the media respect out privacy at this difficult time."

The Australian radio station behind the phony phone call also issued a statement Saturday, stating it did nothing wrong and there was no way to have foreseen the tragic outcome.

As TMZ previously reported, the two DJ's behind the phone call have since suspended themselves from the airwaves.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

iandm843

Jacintha Saldanha was from India Suicide in India is slightly above world rate. Of the half million people reported to die of suicide worldwide every year, 20% are Indians,[1] for 17% of world population. In the last two decades

Leighton

The family asks for privacy, so TMZ posts a photo of her...

Brittany

I feel bad that someone killed themselves over a prank. Plus her family who may charge against the radio station....but it was a prank...maybe she was depressed before? RIP nurse

dena2cents

The royal family had her taken out..

Hydr0p0nik

First I want to send my condolences to the family. Second, I want to say that the DJ's shouldn't be held liable for this ladys death. I will admit I laughed when I first heard the recording of the two DJ's getting through to the actual nurse and then the nurse started ratlling off at the mouth about everything. It wasn't all that funny but I was laughing more at the stupidity of people. There was no question at all of the truth about identity. When I found out the nurse who took the initial call was found dead of apparent suicide I was in shock. I held no blame on the DJ's and still don't ! I What was this young nurse thinking? Really, she left behind two kids! Obviously she was just thinking about herself! I mean the recording I heard she was on the air for maybe 5 to 10 seconds. There shouldn't have been that much embarrassment if any. I think that the hospital should have a protocol for incoming calls for celebrities and I honestly think that maybe this young nurse had other issues.

psychosuki

How is the prank call anyone's fault for the nurse CHOOSING to kill herself? Yes it is very sad that someone took their life but was this seriously the only option she had? I think not. The nurse is the one who gave up information that she shouldn't have without varifying who she was speaking to. She chose t end her life. Not anyone else's fault but hers.

gonad

Suicide?

Looks like a suicide bombers good bye photo. Did she commit suicide on a loaded subway full of innocent people?

DR SICK

Psychologically troubled before the incident. First, she should know as a nurse you can't verify identity on the phone no matter who is presenting themselves. And she is barred from giving out information by her duty of care. I'm sure the Queen's people arrange for a patch through call first. If she had doubts she should have deferred to her supervisor or administrator. And to leave two children behind for an insiginficant prank? What kind of fit mother is that? Look at her expression, the woman had demons.

Uk

The nurse who died after a hoax call to a hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge was found hanging, Sky sources say. Jacintha Saldanha was still alive when she was discovered on Friday morning in her room at staff accommodation near the hospital. "Whoever had discovered her first had cut her down," said Sky's Martin Brunt. "By the time police and paramedics had arrived she was still conscious and attempts were made to revive her. "If it adds anything to this very tragic story it indicates a very determined bid to kill herself, rather than what some people describe as a cry for help. "I also understand ... that a suicide note was left in which she, we believe, gave some explanation for the actions that she's thought to have taken."

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9