Brooke Mueller

I Was Abusing Adderall

During Jewelry Bender

12/10/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1210_brooke_mueller_02
Brooke Mueller is coming clean to her closest friends ... admitting she WAS abusing prescription medication before she was rushed to the hospital last week ... TMZ has learned.

Mueller has been telling her friends ... she has a valid prescription for Adderall to treat her attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ... but admits she "fell off the wagon" last week and took way more than her prescribed dosage.

We broke the story ... Mueller's assistant found Brooke passed out cold on Friday morning and called 911, fearing Brooke had overdosed ... which was totally plausible considering Brooke's well-documented struggle with substance abuse.

Hours after Brooke was released from the hospital, she told TMZ she hadn't been abusing "illegal drugs" (including cocaine) ... but now, we're told she's finally owning up to the truth.

According to reports, Adderall is one of the most addictive and abused prescription drugs in America -- mainly because of its cocaine-like effects.

Our sources tell us, Brooke -- who's now in the jewelry business -- took the pills because she was desperate to meet a deadline for a jewelry order ... and didn't think she could afford to waste time sleeping.

We reached out to Mueller -- but she had no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Daz

I did the EXACT same silly thing two weeks ago, earned a free helicopter ride to the ER. Last time I was on a helo was over Baghdad. I prefer to not have a repeat of either event.

CamJ

Oh please. No legit doctor would give a cocaine addict Adderall!

HillbillyHell

Ya think she might be an addict?

Jo

God help those poor kids.. where the hell is CPS?

QueenClark

And......this druggee still has her kids???......how is that possible? And where is that big mouth Charlie on his kids lives?

grace

TotalCOLLEGEmove

J.Mo

So ridiculous that she has a "valid" prescription for ADHD. I have a legitimate prescription and because I actually have ADD the medication calms me. If I take too many then I get sleepy, not energetic.

Diamond Goddess!

Her lies are getting dumber!
Who of all these "celebrity" product lines actually HAND MAKES that crap they sell?!
(Can't you just see Jessica Simpson sitting at her cobbler's bench, making high-heeled shoes? LOLs!!!)
I'm afraid she's gonna leave her 2 boys motherless.

VooDoo

If you have ADD or HADD and you take this drug...It mellows you out.If you take it and dont need it you get that speed effect. Somewhere there is a Shady Dr doleing out pills!!!!!! Instant TWEEKERS!!!!!

jak

Perhaps if she ever stayed clean long enough her "add" would cure itself and she would find that her problem with concentration is really hypomania.

keith

Meth like effects. And she was tweaking doing jewelry. When I did adderall binges id do scrap booking.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6