Trey Songz

Arrested for Assaulting

a Woman with $$$

12/15/2012 9:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1215_Trey-Songz_gettyThrowing dollar bills at a woman (aka MAKING IT RAIN!!!) seems harmless, but it got Trey Songz arrested for assault in New York recently ... TMZ has learned.

Songz (real name Tremaine Neverson) had an album release party on August 21 at a gentleman's club in Queens. According to police, somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 AM on the 22nd, Trey became involved in an altercation inside the club.

Cops described the incident this way in the criminal complaint: "Tremaine Neverson, did throw a sum of United States currency at the complainant and said sum of United States currency struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."

It is unclear if the woman in question was ... how do we say this nicely ... a stripper.

Songz was not arrested that night, but rather a month later for misdemeanor assault. Songz had a court date in NY on November 1 and an order of protection was issued. He is due back in court in February.

We reached out to a rep for Songz, but have yet to hear back.

1215_trey_songs_sub

pepekale

This should teach him a lesson to stop throwing money away....Anyway!

renae

Seriously?

72183

We've got real criminals running the streets that need to be arrested and the NYPD are going to waste their time to entertain this childish mess! SMH!

purp35

I thought when you are a panty droppa money suppose to get threw at you. Now see if she woulda actd right the neighbors mighta heard her name.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Better start throwing coupons Trey.

Mihalick

A stripper getting injured by flying money? This sounds like a worker's comp case more than a criminal or civil case against Trey Songz.

Michell

Here's an idea you dumba$$...do something productive with your earnings. No, dumb people buy your trash and you act like trash with the money. There are so many useful things you could be doing...helping your fellow man. I will not comment on this loser ever again. Stupid is as stupid does....I feel a little stupid for even giving this sh*t my time.

Peter Popoff

That's why I throw no money at these ho's, I make em throw it at me! PopOff

Crystal

He can throw money at my eyeball all he wants!!! (no change please)

LISA

Is this some kind of social experiment, TMZ? Are you waiting to see how many of us catch that his 'arrest' was in September, and his last court date was November 1st?

If you are going to throw up a story to promote someone, at least have the decency to lie to us about a new development!

Rachelxoxo

Its funny.cuz im a striper

Rachelxoxo

It's funny cuz I'm a stripper n when I see these type of people I run....if you experienced in this game you don't collect some dollars n run n try to exploit someone...

aacs91

This stripper is stupid af. How many times did this already happen??? She's just trying to come up on more money.

Charly

Mr. Songz. May I introduce you to your future. Meet Mr MC Hammer

Rachelxoxo

Bitter stripper....I'm loving it!!!