Radio Station to Keyshia Cole

Quit Your Bitching ...

You Were Always #2

12/19/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1219_kmel_san_francisco_keyshia_cole_article
Keyshia Cole is sorely mistaken if she believes she got bumped to make room for a singer named The Weeknd at a concert in Oakland this week -- at least according to the San Fran radio station behind the show ... because fact is, she wasn't headliner material to begin with.

Keyshia went off on Twitter Monday night -- the same night as KMEL 106's Holiday House of Soul concert -- claiming she bailed on the show because KMEL contacted her last minute to tell her she'd be opening for The Weeknd ... instead of headlining the show herself.

She wrote, "EVERY F**KING YEAR I do something major for my city! @KMEL has the nerve to tell me at the last minute they want me to open for the weeknd."

She added, "No disrespect to the weeknd. Why the hell would @106KMEL ask me to open for him in My home town! Where I give back! Where IM FROM! #NO"

But KMEL tells TMZ, it's all a case of miscommunication -- saying, “We were surprised to see Keyshia Cole’s Tweets the night of our show ... as she was never scheduled to be the show’s final act."

KMEL added, "When we were notified a week before her performance that she planned to cancel, we immediately removed her name from all advertising and promotion and offered refunds to those fans who requested."

R&B singer Jeremih replaced Keyshia when she abandoned ship.

bboy

she isn't headline material but Weeknd should be opening up for her....

zzyzx

Seriously, who Hashtags the word NO?

squeeky

Wasn't this talentLESS ho's mother on Dr. Drew
or something? She was that drunk crack-head
who almost killed people if they never heard of
Keysha Cole..sorry crack head...never heard of
her, and her momma is still a drunk crack-head!

GaGa38

I'M PRAYING FOR U BOOBIE!!__!!

Erika

now there's the holiday spirit, so charitable

Bamby

Hmmmmmm, I have no clue as to who she is period :-\

Clay the don sippin Dom P daily like John.

she better learn how to shake that ass a lot more if she wanna end the show.

Noelle206

Jmarie what did she do to you to deserve you calling her a crackheads baby

woodin

Keep working on your act because I have never heard of you.

Sally

GuessI have been asleep - have never heard of her untill TMZ wrote about her.

Bigmama

I love the weekend n i love keyshia cole

Star<3decell

Who the **** is the Weekend?

LindaJay

Well, she should be upset, I never heard of this Weekend group and I do know that Keshia Cole can really sing soulfully and is, in fact, a quite beautiful woman.

Teresa

Classic example of : Fame going 2 some1's head!!

LindaJay

To JOEY1978: Do you mean because she has shown herself to speak and think in a "ghetto" manner...or are you, you pig, just looking at her skin color?? You hate her because of what YOU are. Now, THAT'S the problem! Deal wit' that!