Radio Station to Keyshia Cole

Quit Your Bitching ...

You Were Always #2

12/19/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1219_kmel_san_francisco_keyshia_cole_article
Keyshia Cole is sorely mistaken if she believes she got bumped to make room for a singer named The Weeknd at a concert in Oakland this week -- at least according to the San Fran radio station behind the show ... because fact is, she wasn't headliner material to begin with.

Keyshia went off on Twitter Monday night -- the same night as KMEL 106's Holiday House of Soul concert -- claiming she bailed on the show because KMEL contacted her last minute to tell her she'd be opening for The Weeknd ... instead of headlining the show herself.

She wrote, "EVERY F**KING YEAR I do something major for my city! @KMEL has the nerve to tell me at the last minute they want me to open for the weeknd."

She added, "No disrespect to the weeknd. Why the hell would @106KMEL ask me to open for him in My home town! Where I give back! Where IM FROM! #NO"

But KMEL tells TMZ, it's all a case of miscommunication -- saying, “We were surprised to see Keyshia Cole’s Tweets the night of our show ... as she was never scheduled to be the show’s final act."

KMEL added, "When we were notified a week before her performance that she planned to cancel, we immediately removed her name from all advertising and promotion and offered refunds to those fans who requested."

R&B singer Jeremih replaced Keyshia when she abandoned ship.

hi

The weeknd nothing special about him

tina

Who? If keyshia ain't headline material in their book then she should bail

LaraS777

Keyshia Cole is the ****. She is a strong minded woman and people are so miserable that they can't congradulate

LindaJay

To "Vanessa": At least on the outside---or why else would you share that? House, I'm guessing.

candyrain00

Keyshia has every rite to be upset she shouldn't have made this group person or whoever they are a factor just the fact that she mentioned them gives them status when they are clearly non relevant to the public eye ....really that's bananas

highesr1

She does know their is some tragic stuff going on around our country right? And all she is worried about being

Laura

Number 2? I've never even heard of her!

peaches_asshole

Keyshia Cole b

lovely

Keyshia is number 1 in my book! Se is a great artist... maybe if they stop playing this cheesy popcorn music they would knowshw is number 1......

sassymama29

Keyshia Cole will always be number 1 because she help me through all my relationships. So let her be who she is

Brian

They refunded money to anyone who wanted it? So does that mean they returned nothing? I never heard of her either. Maybe this was a publicity stunt.

iamlongduckdong

She will always be numba 1 with longduckdong

peoplearesilly

Just another example of a self-entitled bitch that most of us (or very few) have even ever heard of (as confirmed in the posts below related to this). ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

TonyTone

Who are these people who have never heard of Keyshia Cole? There's more to music than rock and country people .

mememi

Shyt'ddd they gotta lot of never asking her to OPEN up for some bamma named Wknd? Gtfoh!! I'd pop off 2 KC!!! KMel is whack anyway!!