Simon Cowell

LOSES $20,000

Bet to L.A. Reid

12/21/2012 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1221_la_reid_x_factor_simon_cowell_article
Simon Cowell has TWENTY THOUSAND reasons to cry over Thursday night's "X Factor" results show -- and it's all thanks to a rich-person bet he made with L.A. Reid.

TMZ has learned ... Simon and L.A. made a wager at the beginning of the season ... and if either judge had a contestant win the whole shebang ... the losing judge would cough up $20k.

So when L.A.'s contestant Tate Stevens took home the crown ... he grew just a tiny bit richer than he already is. And since Simon's no sore loser, we're told he plans on cutting the check ASAP.

We're pretty sure it's illegal for the rich people to make this bet in the State of California -- but hey, who are we gonna tell?

Cindy

I have a better idea. He should have donated it to charity.

Mike

Pocket change to this D-bag.

KCINDY

He could donate it to me:-). Bump those shady charities, I will make sure 100% is spent on ME!

gkd

I only popped into the show every so often to see who was still in the running.... just can't stand Kardashion, and her side kick .. they really brought the show to a new low.

Barbara

Come on Simon, this is petty cash.

Barbara

Petty Cash

Fred Thomas

When they put this Kardashian on there as a judge I refuse to watch this program

BG

A judge who has the chance to sign a superstar to a contract if they come in second or third might actually have ulterior motives. And a judge who has the opportunity to sign a superstar to a cheaper contract if they come in second of third might have ulterior motives.

Ralph Novak

Why would anyone care ANYTHING about the smirky , humorless foof Cowell?

Brad

who really cares? This bet is just like a bet anyone else would have made , they just have more money than a normal person would have wagered.

Pamela

That is nothing to Simon. He is so rich. They both should donate $20,000 each to a cancer or heart or other illness where the money will do some real good. Isnt it nice to be able to lose money like this and not blink an eye. Wish these celebrities would spend more on cures for health than $6 million on a bottle of nail polish - how selfish.

Cecil

It's annoying to see Cowell wearing the stinking poppy on his lapel. Has he no respect for the many Irishmen and women murdered by the British army terrorists the poppy 'proudly' represents? Cowell has many Irish groups in his stable of untalented stars and out of respect for them he should refuse to wear this disgusting symbol.

mark

Well in the old United States Of America where it was a constitutional Republic, it was not the governments business. Now everbodies like the Communist Peoples Republic Of California. STUPID !

B

Are you kidding me, The informed media knows whats going on. This is my first post but its becoming ridiculous. I picked tate from the first show. Theres no drama, just the twist the hollywood would like you to see. How hard is it now days to be famous, in music, they have technology to use the voice changer. So even paris hilton sounds good. Pathetic. Actting. they push young actors, they suck. Movies are decades remakes. This whole hollywood thing is a fantasy. If your a goof, you'll be loaded, and keep making money bc your a goofy bastard. Look at beiber, he's nuts anymore, he's banking. Theres no talent and no change in hollywood. Idiots...

Dianne Peterson

I tried to give that show a chance but after "The Voice" When ever I tuned in to X-I tuned out ...Worse vocals ever-hurt my ears-I downloaded almost every song from Voice-X cannot compete with true vocal artist on that show and X seems to try but is no where near what talent is about-seems to be about Simone and the other judges based on catering to an uneducated teeny booper with no ear audience...Simone and the others are making a mils on Kardashian style reality show-I really did give a try. The first years of AI were good, they should have folded on a Hi note-unfortunantly X hasn't hit a Hi note yet and if you watched any Voice and have an ear...You will never be able to watch AI or X ever again. Voice is all class with real talent and true musician judging...I disgusted with Fox and it's bad shows and politics..Not to say there are a few descent programs I watch but enough with leading untalented people into a dream they will never have and ruining any chance of them ever Knowing what talent is....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments