Simon Cowell's Mouth

Says LeAnn was Sober,

Face Says Otherwise

12/21/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122112_simon_cowell_launchSimon Cowell -- who normally says exactly what's on his mind -- was holding back BIG TIME on the subject of LeAnn Rimes last night ... 'cause while he insisted the singer was sober, he DEFINITELY couldn't say it with a straight face.

Simon was outside Mixology at The Grove in L.A. last night, when we asked about LeAnn's bizarre duet with Carly Rose Sonenclar on "X Factor" this week ... the one that left people thinking she was hammered.

Simon told us he thought the performance was "interesting" ... and he didn't believe LeAnn was on drugs or alcohol at the time. Buuut ... the giant poop-eating grin on his face makes it hard to believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.

Still, Simon says ... LeAnn is welcome back to the show any time she wants.

Claudia

Love you guys at TMZ but comon already with the Bullying!
It's pretty obvious that LeAnn has had a rough time emotionally for the past couple of years and is still struggling.
It doesn't take Drugs or Alcohol to appear less than perfect.
Please, be a little more respectful. I'd rather not read about another Suicide Story.

talumima

Sophia. if you, thought Laura`s blog is shocking... last thursday I got a great new Ariel Atom from earning $6888 this month and a little over 10k lass-month. it's by-far the nicest job Ive ever had. I actually started seven months/ago and practically straight away was making minimum $71, per-hr. I work through this link, http://www.Cloud65.com

monarona

I thought she sounded amazing until the duet started. Anything to pick on someone and its because you all think she broke up that marriage which was in itself in shambles. She has one of the most beautiful voices out there especially for a white girl. Give her a chance jerks.

Jenn

I guess that stint in rehab for "stress" didn't help much.

Ca2Az

Merry Christmas to all.

She's baaaack

He should scale back on the botox a bit, his face looks like it is made out of wax. I think he had some minimal eye work done. Lately his eyes always have the look of someone who just woke up. Either that or he is smoking weed all the time.

harvsgirl

Marrying Eddie is the worst thing that ever happened to LeeAnn. Of course she was drunk, look at Carly's face! Where is LeAnn's family. This girl needs an intervention.

YouDontSay

I like the wink he gave. Seems very happy (Carmen?).

Yikes!

I don't necessarily think she was hammered, but she sure wasn't well rehearsed, and she was confusing the poor kid.

Gary

Remember, this is coming from the same guy who thought it was a good idea to hire Khloe Krapdasian......and you really can't tell anymore what he is thinking with that horribly messed up face....I think he will end up looking like that she- male face Bruce Krapdashian.

FresnoBullpup

Am I the only one who thought it was Steven Tyler coming out to sing when she first appeared? The poor 13-year old girl looked horrified.

melodyann

I watched the performance & thought lil Carly Rose did a great job by herself' once Leann came on stage it all went down hill. I really doubt Leann was drunk or on anything that would alter her performance. What I do suspect is that maybe Leann was trying to hard? These two were not on the same page' it appeared as if Carly Rose was trying desperatley to keep up with Leann while Leann was doing her own thing. I think Leann was all about Leann & it ended up with Leann appearing sloppy.

santafetrainer

Did you all miss the wink. Simon winked at camera guy. Look closely

Kim

I don't understand why Leann tried to change up the song so much... she sounded horrible! It was as if the two of them didn't rehearse the song together at all!! OR... maybe they rehearsed it and then Leann changed it up! Either way... Carly sounded great... Leann sounded (and looked) like CRAP!!

fargone

The lies lying liers will tell to protect liers.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments