Simon Cowell's Mouth

Says LeAnn was Sober,

Face Says Otherwise

12/21/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122112_simon_cowell_launchSimon Cowell -- who normally says exactly what's on his mind -- was holding back BIG TIME on the subject of LeAnn Rimes last night ... 'cause while he insisted the singer was sober, he DEFINITELY couldn't say it with a straight face.

Simon was outside Mixology at The Grove in L.A. last night, when we asked about LeAnn's bizarre duet with Carly Rose Sonenclar on "X Factor" this week ... the one that left people thinking she was hammered.

Simon told us he thought the performance was "interesting" ... and he didn't believe LeAnn was on drugs or alcohol at the time. Buuut ... the giant poop-eating grin on his face makes it hard to believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.

Still, Simon says ... LeAnn is welcome back to the show any time she wants.

Gargamel

I really hate this guy he could use a Gabriel Aubrey face pounding!

J4X

Simon is so botoxed that he's starting to look like a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills.

Javadude54

That was pathetic. Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch this talentless crap.

Grace

She's probably on anxiety/psych meds now.

Ann Lumax

I have never been a fan of LR though I think her singing is fine. With so many bitchy remarks about her, I think I will consider buying some of her albums. The money may not make the slightest bit of difference to her or to me, but the spitefulness is a motivating factor.

anne

Its was like watching the slow decline of Whitney Houston. No she was **** face, stoned or her laxatives have drained her of every ounce of energy

andre herring king

King of art a h

wendy

simon relies on guest singers for ratings, so he's not going to publicatly put anyone down. i still say leann is so nervous about public appereances since the divorce scandal she chokes up. this is more like a brandi curse. she better pull herself together since she's promoting her new cd!

DParham

Once again TMZ is making crap up. He was acting like that in response to stupid questions. Another TMZ fail. Really guys in 2013 try to do some credible reporting.

Sherri

From most of the comments on here I guess the ex wife won,I mean come on really doesn't the Kids mother Brandi tell her kids not to eat things off the floor if he even really did And why is the woman alwayscalled the home wrecker I suppose Eddie was being faithful when he was laying down with Leann, it takes 2 people... All the duets seemed unrehearsed and unnatural, if you saw the show the contestants were out sung by all the pros, they seemed like someone from the audience invited to come on stage and sing. Le Ann seemed as confused as Carly,Demi seemed confused as Fifth Harmony and Little Big Town just seemed to be doing there thing like Tate wasn't even there. Carly needed to be singing with a teen star like Selena Gomez or someone like that

jen

LMAO I'm not sure which is worse - performing drunk or performing and looking so bad that people think you are drunk. SMH

veronica

I thought the performance was okay. Carly Rose has a very beautiful voice. However, there was a few time that I didn't care for how Carly changed a song. I hated her changing John Lennon's Imagine. Carly's mother sounds like a sore loser to me. Tate was at the top of the leaderboard three times and Carly two times. Tate won because of the voters.

abby

I loved LeAnn, she sang the song the way it was suppose to be sung. The kid seemed kind of hesitant to sing and her voice was a bit weak.

Que22

Has anyone else notice this new TMZ site. Sucks? They need to focus on their technical capabilities. I get kicked out can't finish a comment. Then the whole site crashes.

123

Britney looked embarrassed for the girl

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments