Demi Moore

I Wanted a Divorce

From the Day I Left Him

12/22/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1221_demi_moore_article_gettyDemi Moore planned to divorce Ashton Kutcher from the day she left him in November, 2011 ... sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ.

As we first reported ... Ashton wanted to give Demi the chance to file herself -- a whole dignity thing since he's the one who was allegedly cheating on her -- but he finally got tired of waiting after a year and filed for divorce Friday.

But our sources say Demi was not stalling ... there was something going on with some sort of financial issues between the two of them that prevented her from filing ... something she was trying to resolve. We're told Demi never wavered in her resolve to get unhitched.

One final thing. Our sources say Demi is "genuinely happy" now and has no regrets about moving on.

anya2u

Yeah, right

Michelle

yea right, demi. you have been holding out desparately hoping ashton would come back to you! such a liar and piece of $hit! horrible mother and horrible person! please go away, somehere far, far away. i'm so sick of reading about you're self-loathing, narcissistic behavior. you are an old washed-up hag making a fool of yourself. can't blame ashton for leaving your sorry azz!

hugh

I smell a meltdown coming in ... 3..2..1

EasilyHard

Demi is winning.

James R. - Los Angeles

Awww. Poor cougar is angry and sad. Don't be hatin' Demi. Justin Bieber will be available for you in a few years.

ria

Is that why your Twitter name is still MrsKutcher!

tiny_dancer5678

Whatever Demi! You are just trying to save face...then why didn't ya file when ya separated from him? Booooo!!

paul a.

You go girl!

tisvulcan

Sadly, she reminds me of her character from St Elmo's Fire .

bus4bud

Demi, I am a single 42 year old Canadian man who is single and ready to love and take care of you.

Twiz

Which one has a stalked career and rehab, which one has a career still thriving and no (known) addictions . . . Jus sayin

lisa

She didn't leave him. He cheated on her.

pattycakes

Ok I said it from day one that it was wrong. It fine to be divorced in your 40's and to have fun with the "pool boy". You have to be quiet about it especially with young girls in the house. When I was first divorced I had a lot of fun with 30 year-olds but I didn't bring them home. Not only did she bring him home, his poster was probably on one of the daughters' walls. Most women look great until50. It's very difficult to stay looking great when you're losing hormones and losing hair etc. How could she seriously tie up 7 years of this boys life? He fell head over heels for her. She should have kept it a dating situation. She moved him in and married him and that is when I lost respect for her. He deserves to get a girl and want a baby. It just seemed so perverse to me. By the way, the young "pool boy" I knew 10 years ago got married to someone younger than him. We are still friendly only phone calls. I'm really happy for him.

aston

I wrote a nice comment, wishing Demi best of luck - and it got censored. I tried to confirm it TWICE through my e-mail, but to no avail.

So TMZ just want the angry, rude comments, and the people selling things?

JETLIFEAMIGO

So you mean to tell me that Ashton who made the most $$$ per episode on a sitcom in 2012, was having financial issues and thats why demi didnt file? lmao... okay