Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

carrie

It's sad~I think she is a really great person that CANNOT allow herself to be happy. She sabotages herself. It was evident on her show~which I do think was true reality. Jason is an AMAZING guy! I hope they can work it out. I'm sad for her. I think she is naturally thin~so the mean comments are pretty ugly : (

moe

Who would want to marry let alone be intimate with the UGLY, ANOREXIC, FAKE, ANNOYING, FAME SEEKING, CLOWNFACE! UGH! WE ALL SAW THIS COMING!

sean

I watched their show, she treated the man like crap. I'm so not shocked by this, but sad for the child involved.

Msbock

Frankly, he seemed VERY passive aggressive and some what jealous if her success. Been there, done that, didn't end well

Vonarie

Seriously, she definately married up. Cut your losses and move on dude - you can do much better! Aren't her 15 minutes up yet? That joker face and skeletor body of hers are disturbing!

bernergirl

Don't feel too sorry for h, the 100 million dollar sale of Skinnygirl while he was married to her will be a nice concession. As if anybody with eyes couldn't see this coming!

DahhTroll

shes makeing a big mistake. none else well put up with her.
and her daughter well come from a broken home.
the money and fame went to bethanys head.
she thinks shes too good for him now.
he desrves a big chunk of change.

jeff

duh.. she is a money hungry fame whore... duh and duh

static

Kiss half that fortune you made on that rotgut booze line you sold goodbye.

SCANDAL

Bethany is a condescending, controlling, cold woman. She never showed any REAL affection toward Jason or Bryn. I don't think she knows how to be truly happy. Jason will be better off without her, but she is a shrewd business woman who made very sure that he will receive as little as possible. Bethany always acted like Jason was less than her, rather than her life partner whom she loved and would share herself and her cash freely. Goes to show you that money can't buy happiness. Bethany may be rich, but she is bankrupt when it comes to happiness and satisfaction.

Karmagal

I have always liked her but its getting harder and harder to defend her.. WHY wouldnt this wait until after Christmas? And its only been 2 years for god sakes..

Amy

Man, she has a block head!

BB not bb

I think her first husband Peter Sussman is alot cuter and alot more her speed. This Jason seems like a stiff board. She said Jason was the love of her life but they never looked comfortable together. I think Peter really loved her and she would have eventually realized she had it good with him if she stayed. Now she is going to be alone with a little girl.

I don't think she is really comfortable with herself and doesn't accept herself for who she really is. There is something about her that always makes me feel uneasy. She needs a guy who can keep up with her mood swings and I don't think Jason would ever be even interested in putting up with that.

Cran

Bethenny I have waited years to say that from the moment you stood in your little red dress and coat, crying pififully to Jill Zarin that she has been mean to you on RHONY, it was obvious to me that you would just cherry-pick another individual after dumping her to advance your career then calling them your friend
So far you have gained your own show, a husband, child, millions of dollars....an esttranged mother, now an ex-husband to be, and alienated most of your friends...,do you feel rich, fulfilled, calm and happy? Got what you wanted....since dumping genuine authentic people who seemed to love you? Be careful Ellen, you think you know her but you don't. I would never watch this strident unhappy fake woman try way too hard to be funny again and again. She is over.

Yup

Another narcissistic "reality" loser who's more in love with her own image than her husband. She has a special kind of sickness, and her soon-to-be ex is LUCKY to dump her self centered ugly ass...