Jack Klugman

'Odd Couple' Star

Dead at 90

12/25/2012 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1225-jack-klugman-getty
Jack Klugman -- who famously portrayed Oscar Madison on TV's "The Odd Couple" back in the '70s -- died yesterday at the age of 90.

According to Klugman's family -- the actor had been convalescing for a while, but died unexpectedly. Klugman's cause of death has not yet been determined.

But Klugman was tough as nails -- in fact, he battled throat cancer back in the '80s and lost his voice, but later trained himself to speak again. Pretty bad ass.

As an actor, Klugman appeared in some iconic movies and TV shows -- including "12 Angry Men" and the 1959 musical "Gypsy. He also appeared in several episodes of "The Twilight Zone" and starred in "Quincy, M.E."

Klugman is survived by his two sons.

Barbara

Don't forget the classic...The Odd Couple with Tony Randall

Spencer B in MD

Aww Not Jack! He seemed like he was invulnerable! I have to say that I hav enjoyed everything that I saw him in. What a guy. I'm going to watch one of the "The Twilight Zone" episodes he was in tonight: - In Praise of Pip (1963) … Max Phillips
– Death Ship (1963) … Capt. Paul Ross
– A Game of Pool (1961) … Jesse Cardiff
– A Passage for Trumpet (1960...) … Joey Crown
RIP Jack! - And thanks for the entertaining legacy you have left for us! You will live on in celluloid forever!

verlinda

Loved him in the Odd Couple and Quincy...R.I.P.

Bianca

One of my favorite movies of all time is "12 Angry Men", as a matter of fact, it's sitting under the TV right now having been checked out from the library by my 15 year old! Jack was the last survivor of the "Men" and an incredible talent. Thank you for entertaining us all of those years!

Jay W.

Thanks for the memories Jack!

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Awwwwwww rip

GreyWolf

Oh Mr. Klugman, you were one of a kind. I loved you as Oscar in The Odd Couple. Thank you so much for making me laugh to the point where I was almost in tears. May you rest in peace and know that you will always be loved and remembered.

DeeMaree

Ninety years old. What an amazing life you had Mr Klugman. You entertained so many for years. And to the Klugman family, so sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing this great actor with all of us.

SakkeL

i have an suggestion for tmz. Why not find at least once a week a forgotten, not so much lately talked about actor and tell his/her story. Paying respect to them while they are alive.

sctvlk

Oscar Madison, the sportswriter's sportswriter! http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40794852/

sctvlk

anon

RIP Mr. Jack Klugman.

The Odd Couple is still one of my all-time favorite TV shows, thanks to you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2