Ryan Seacrest

New Year's Eve Will be a

Celebration of Dick Clark

12/25/2012 7:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122512_ryan_seacrest_launch
Ryan Seacrest tells TMZ ... the countdown to 2013 will be a special one, because he'll be honoring his late friend and mentor ... the great Dick Clark.

Seacrest was leaving a birthday lunch at Cecconi's in West Hollywood when we asked him how he felt  about this year's NYE show .... the first one since Dick passed away back in April.

"I miss him," Seacrest told us ... adding, "I'm excited about New Year's though to celebrate him ... it'll be a fun night."

Clark hand-selected Seacrest to take over the main hosting gig on New Year's Rockin' Eve after he  suffered a stroke back in 2004.

As for Ryan -- he turned 38 years old yesterday ... and doesn't look a day over 40.

Different-Time-Zone

Let's see… did Benedict ***berbatch have a ****tail?

DeeMaree

Dang just read all the comments. I had no idea Seacrest was gay. Is that first hand knowledge? I knew he had no talent but that is the world of reality TV. So all the pictures of him wirh gorgeous women is just cover. Who knew.

Gerri

Seacrest is no Dick Clark.

Made it Past 27

HE LOOKS YOUNG TO ME

tina

Why are people being so mean to Ryan lol. He did nothing wrong but become successful. Can't wait to watch on New Years. It will be fun!! :)

TUTT ThinkTank

If Ryan Seacrest of Foam is only 5'6", how tall is NBC's big mouth, the little man Bob Costas? His mouth is surely wider than he is tall. And he likes to be called Shirley.

john johnson

so, miss honey a.k.a seacrest turned "38" yesterday? yeah right, whatever.it will be a celebration of 2013 and not "dick" clark. the bastard didn't let a stroke stop him from being on tv looking disturbing every year. its tough to feel sorry for him after what he did in the movie " bowling for colombine".

Rita29

I’m excited to see Ryan Seacrest host the New Year’s Eve countdown, I agree it’s hard to tell he’s 38. I think Dick Clark chose the perfect host to take his place. Not to mention, I look forward to seeing Clark honored in this year’s countdown. My DISH coworker and I watch this countdown every year. This year I’ll be watching on my DISH Hopper. My house will be full of people but we’ll be able to start watching on my living room TV and then continue watching on my family room TV right where I left off, with no interruption. This will make watching the ball drop much easier.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2