Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

jeremy miller

samantha guthrie sucks! ann curry rocks!!!!!!!

zombie

He's a tool,I watch Charlie and Gail.I hate cooking segments and all the fluffy stuff nbc and abc put out every morning.

Jeff

Matt, even if it is b.s. does it matter ? you are in the media!

Chris Westbrook

I hope it continues. I will never watch the Today Show as long as he is on it. Especially making 25 million. Disgusting

neida

I used to watch "Today" every morning that is until Ann Curry got fired. I have not seen it since. As for the young lady, who took Ann's place I don't like her one bit. Not her fault, but no like.

DAL

Can't strand to watch this freak. I change the station when he's on. I don't like the onesided politics on this station anyway.

Lengelma

I remember Al Roker commenting sardonically that they just through their colleagues "under the bus" to get rid of them. I think Matt deserves what he's getting. I wonder if the ratings have gone up since the change?

shiningstar

Stick to the facts, as hard as that may be for you. Your rag thrives on scandal, not information. If it isn't contrary, or flimsy, you don't seem to have any use for it. You stick to your 'story' that Matt doesn't wan't Ann, yet you have not proof, or basis. Matt's right, you're wrong, but of course, you know this or you wouldn't have printed the drivel.

Jeff Shaffer

If Willie can put up with the immaturity of Mika and the EGO of Joe, he is ready.

SCPeps

I have been a daily viewer for over 12 years. We like Matt and felt that Ann was way over the top and too dramatic when she did interviews. She seems to have her heart in right place but her interview techniques changed.

Pat

Anne Curry is a true lady. Matt Lauer was said to be the reason She was taken off the show at the time she left. It is also known that older men get to stay in TV and older women don't; They get replaced for younger trophy type women that can make the older man look good.

Bob

Hey, It's a Cruel World out here, times are tough, get a stronger Backbone.

BABS

What a jerk. I cannot stand this philandering prick! He thinks he is so wonderful, yet he gets uglier by the day. Especially since his hair looks like it was cut with a butter knife. Such an a -hole, so disrespectful to everyone he interviews. I hope people keep harassing him every single time he steps out of the door! Maybe then he will take his money and disappear forever!!!

sunshine

If I passed by him, I'd yell too! Shame on him!

BillBoe

I figured they were screaming "WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN??????"

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments