« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Katherine Webb

ESPN Should NOT Have

Apologized for Ogling

1/9/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Webb -- the GF of Alabama star QB A.J. McCarron -- says ESPN had no reason to issue an apology for Brent Musburger's televised swooning during the BCS Championship game ... because the comments were nothing but flattering.

Webb appeared on "Today" moments ago and stood up for the 73-year-old --saying, “I think the media has been really unfair to [Musburger]."

She added, "If he would’ve said something along the line that we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would’ve been a little bit different, but the fact that he said that we were beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that."

ESPN later issued an apology for Brent's comments -- but Webb says, "I don’t think it was needed, honestly. Of course, I appreciate it, but at the same time, I don’t think that I needed an apology.’’

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EMB

I agree with her, it was nothing but a guy talking about a woman he found attractive. Just because he is up there in age doesn't mean anything.

DaveT

First now cry about it waaaaah boo hooo hahahahaha

lauren

Pam Anderson was discovered this same way, she was drinking a beer at a game and the jumbo-trom camera caught it and the beer company contacted her to model for them, etc. etc.

jokerchick

....this chick is news because what? oh right, American media is full of lonely, HOMELY weirdos that make BFD's out of slightly above average looking chicks....next

Voiceofreason

Tmz......upload new tmz live in a more timely manner please. It takes too long! Thank you

Frankenpussy

She has a BIG Mouth...

DaveT

Feminist groups are protesting and writing in to ESPN and businesses who advertise with them and threatening boycott
.....because a man said a woman was attractive.
Wonder why so many people think feminists are a bunch of sour negative self-centered bunch of witches?

helloitsme

It doesn't matter if she was flattered or upset. His job felt it was inappropriate behavior.

Wowme

How you doing Hope Solo!?!?!?!?

Elsa

She wants the D.

AlwaysOnTimeB

If she isn't offened, neither should anyone else be. She is a pretty woman, and he wasn't offensive with his comments. In fact, I thought he was pretty funny!

kitnplayn

I know you think it's all about you, because you are nothing more than an empty-headed bimbo, but it's not. It is not okay for a dirty old man to be salivating over a young girl, because the USA is full up with pedophiles, and it is heartless to the victims of pedophiles to make light of such a disgusting display. If American society continues to be numb and empty on this issue, then you have no business complaining whent he victims go batchit crazy with a gun like Columbine, Virginia Tech and Newtown. They were all victims of pedophiles in their youth.

shonbonjovi

She is hot...for a 40yr old cougar. Who looked like that at 23? Not one ounce of youthful softness to her... sorry

Carrie

Who cares, watch this girl break up with the football player and then become the next bachelorette.

Germanus

She is so hot, I would enjoy every minute of her giving me a cleveland steamer or a hot lunch, or even a hot carl.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments