John Travolta

'I'm Not Half the Man

I Used to Be'

1/10/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011012_travolta_urban_splash
It was like 1965 all over again last night, when Keith Urban and John Travolta joined forces to knock out a live performance of the Beatles classic "Yesterday" at a hotel party in Bev Hills ... and it was all caught on tape.

John and Keith were at an event for Qantas Airlines at the Montage Hotel, when Keith grabbed his guitar and John grabbed a mic ... and they totally did their thing.

It's definitely not bad ... in fact, it's pretty good ... but with Keith being an "American Idol" judge, we gotta ask ...

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I have to admit i still have a crush on John after all these years. I love his hair! He's a wonderful singer too.

EasilyHard

Encore says the bearded wife

verlinda

Travolta...loved that song he had....don't give up on us baby....

CN

I couldn't really tell if Keith was singing, all I could hear was Vinnie Barbarino wailing "I don't knooooow..."

mebrat24

Was this at a gay bar?

traveltruth

This could not have been last night. KU was in Nashville for American Idol.

musiclvr224

This isn't news. I always assumed he could sing at least somewhat since he was in Grease. And back when they filmed Grease you had to actually be able to sing to be in a musical movie.

static

Captain Kirk did it better.

Mikey

"they totally did their thing"

Travolta's thing is screwing utter guys in the ass which doesn't seem very Scientology like and isn't in teaching with the science fiction writer.

kronenburg

No doubt about it - the man has talent! Now if he'd just drop the facades (fake hair and fake heterosexuality), I'd have much more respect for him.

Elle

I want to see Travolta on DWTS - than i'll watch the show.

DaveT

Cool times, looks like everyone was having fun, you still have a good voice John but looking a little stiff with the suits, next time bring your snazzy 70's disco clothes and shake and move and point to the sky

LISA

I thought he did a great job singing in the Grease movie and we all know he is an amazing dancer and actor. I still love Johh Travolta!

Oddly enough, my mom called while I was typing this, so I asked her, "What do you think of John Travolta?". She said, "I like him ... he's a cool guy ... I loved him in grease ... I think he may be bi-sexual, but he'll pass with a bit of a shove". LOL (never heard that last one before).

DaveT

♪♫ I got shooooooes....they're multiplyin'....so I'm uuuuuusing Dr Scholls....'cause the odors they're supplyin'....it's electrifyin'! ♫♫
That's how one of my three sisters sang it back in high school 'cause she misunderstood the lyrics.
I like her version better than the orig :D

Toallthehatersoftheworld