Britney Spears & Jason Trawick

SPLITSVILLE

1/11/2013 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_jason_trawick_split_breakup_article_2
update_bar
4:17PM PST:
Jason Trawick has just been removed as Britney's co-conservator ... TMZ has learned.  Jamie Spears is once again her sole conservator.

0314_divider_graphic
Britney Spears
and Jason Trawick have broken up ... TMZ has learned.

The couple got engaged back in 2011. Trawick started out as Britney's agent, the duo started dating and he eventually became her co-conservator along with her dad, Jamie Spears.

Multiple sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ... Jason didn't want to make the announcement until he was taken off the conservatorship.  Interestingly, lawyers for the conservatorship are in court right now, along with Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, so it's possible Jason will be removed today.

Sources say it was a "friendly breakup" and Britney and Jason will remain friends.  As for why they split, we're told they just "grew apart."

The timing's pretty interesting considering Brit recently changed agencies, heading to CAA ... an indication Trawick was no longer involved in managing her career.

Britney told People.com ...  "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."

Trawick also issued a statement saying, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
 0111_britney_jason_split_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

She's baaaack

Whoa baby. I can't wait to see how this plays out. I never did understand why he was part of her conservatorship because she's batshlt crazy. Her father will never be free from her.

cemetaryroad

knew it

Kevin

No surprise really.

Quiet

Poor little Koo Koo..

mandii~sue

Its ok! She's going to rock her new album! Single is better anyways. She can always use the spare time to work on herself, be with her boys, single is fun!

richardwww

I wish Britney all the best in her life.

I am Spartacus

She doesn't seem to stay single for too long so she'll have a new boyfriend by the end of the month.

hunter

It's tax time and she saw his gross income for last year.

carnifex2005

Shame but it does seem that Trawick still does have her best interests in heart which is cool.

Lytha

It happens tho, good luck for them, I want sexyney spears back!

Rydawg

5th!

Michelle

Probably a good thing. He was in it for the $$$ until he realized it wasn't worth it.

Nostradamus

She needs a shrink for a boyfriend.

foreverOnline

Good. Im sure he`ll find somebody with a much smaller forehead to bone.

jdub

I love Britney and all of her quirky ways. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anticipating another breakdown from this... Hopefully she can keep her cool, for her kids' sake.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments