Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

c2woods

Kelly was GREAT

Clarkson Destroyed Beyonce

I can confirm that Kelly whooped lip-syncing (you can tell it's premade..look at beyonce live outside of that performance its no where even close)

Kelly's performance wasn't that awful.. much better than the other **** they he had at that waste of a money concert.

Dom The Mover

Do I have to get my hearing checked, I thought she sang great, you wanna complain get Roseanne Barr to sing it!

Karla

Whether live or not it was not really that great. Anytime you embellish the National Anthem it does not work as then it is more about the singer trying to outdo the song..this is about the song itself. However one has to wonder why the need to pull out the earpiece? My question is why was she wearing a black evening gown to an afternoon affair? Not to mention those horrific huge green earrings which I understand were supposedly quite expensive but they really did not look it although it might have been how out of place they looked with an evening gown at an afternoon affair at the Capitol. Beyonce dresses beautifully and also appropriately depending on where she is going and while the dress was lovely it simply looked out of place.

Jillian

I've lost respect for Beyonce! Turns out she is just another FAKE! It's beginning to sound like her whole life is just a big fake! According to Wendy Williams, she is dumber than a rock as well!

saf

People, quit making excuses for Beyonce. She was too busy to even show for rehearsals. Why....cleaning and cooking and changing poopy diapers? Think not.

Jillian

Where was that annoying than p huck Kanye???? In my opinion, Kelly is the REAL thing and B. is nothing but a FAKE!!! How disappointing for her fans! I bet everything she does is auto-tuned. Not any better than Britney Spears! Come on, why bother if they can't sing? It's no different than a scam as far as I'm concerned!

Ivan in Phoenix

Kelly was incredible! And Bey was... well, as fake as her pregnancy.

D.lane3417

Kelly did a fantastic job, the sad part I have never really listened to her music or heard her sign. She did great !

D.lane3417

Correction sing

Cynthian

Sad to think someone who is supposed to be so talented had to lipsync such an important event. Probably feared she would make a mistake.

Joe Bob

Lip syncing ****** LOL You always were a rotten singer skank and now you gotta fake it.. LOL Great professional performance Kelly.. But you could have performed at a better place. :(

Joe Bob

Deneicy

Faux fur, too, thank goodness!

Deneicy

Perhaps you have heard it said,
"All publicity is good publicity."

Perhaps her management decided that even negative publicity mentioning the Beyonce "brand" only adds to her overall popularity.

Would we be discussing her performance today if had been LIVE?