Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

Toilethead

I take back every nice thing I said about Beyonce yesterday. I had no idea it wasn't live.

Twiz

My take on this is that Kelly trusted her voice with no "studio" help. Seems Beyonce didnt!!

Tim

Kelly is a better singer because she is white.

tygrlili

That explains why she was kind of weirdly overly expressive with her eyes while singing. She wasn't as into the song while "singing" it as she would have been if she actually sang it there. Would have preferred live, but guess she worried about messing it up???

Rocky

Beyonce is so fake, so is Alicia Keys. AK jumps on whatever bandwagon is popular at the moment.

The Ghost of John Lennon

We always thought Americans were Lame! When we got here you were all walking around in f*cking Bermuda shorts with Boston crew cuts and stuff on your teeth…. The chicks looked like fu*kin’ 1940s horses. There was no conception of dress or any of that jazz. I mean we just thought, ‘What an ugly race of people! If it was'nt for us, Americans would STILL be wearing Crew-Cuts and Bermuda Shorts. It was like F*cking "Leave it to Beaver"over there, WE changed everything!!

batterup

Hold on. Imma let you finish. But...milie and vinnilie are the best lip syncers.

DarcieRenae

Can you really blame her though? I mean, it's the STAR SPANGLED BANNER in front of THE PRESIDENT at the INAUGURATION. We all know she has an unbelievable amount of talent none of us will ever compare to, give her a break!
Kelly's still my girl though!

TheOtherSpin.com

I posted on here yesterday that I thought Kelly Clarkson sounded better than Beyonce and I still believe it. Regardless of live or taped Kelly's was more powerful. But knowing this will come out, why use the taped version? Her starpower will take a hit on this one. TheOtherSpin.com

Mikey

The Obama's and everyone connected to them are fakes, liars, and thieves.

Give me a break!

as fake as her weave

Ijustneedtobeloved

Of course Kelly didn't lip sync. She would never cheat people out like that! She's a class act. Kudos KBC.

Kaveman

Everything is fake - just like Obama

Classylady

Sorry Kelly u cannot be in a category with beyonce. U r nowhere near beyonce in vocaks and defffffffffinitely in the looks department.

acm

Kelly Clarkson nailed it. Great Job, Kelly!! You were the best at the Inauguration.