Robin Roberts

Testing the Water

for 'GMA' Return

1/24/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1024_robin_roberts_gma_article
Robin Roberts returned to the NYC set of "Good Morning America" this morning -- the first time since undergoing a bone marrow transplant surgery -- for a private "GMA" test run to see if she's physically ready to come back to the show.

Just last week, Roberts explained that she would be doing a series of doctor-approved "dry runs" before officially re-joining the show.

"My doctors want me to see how many people I actually come in contact with," Roberts said ... "How my body reacts to the stimulation, that's code word for stress, of being in the studio environment."

She added, "My skin is very sensitive and so we have to see how it reacts to the studio lights. My vision is still a little blurry from the treatment. All of this is getting better day by day so that is the next step."

Last year, 51-year-old Roberts was diagnosed with MDS -- or myelodysplastic syndrome --  a disease of the blood and bone marrow that was once known as preleukemia.

Roberts vowed to return to the show ... and it looks like she's going to keep her promise.

Classylady

She is a beautiful woman who survived cancer

DeeMaree

An incredibly tough lady. Does this mean Robin is cured?

YouDontSay

I love her. Welcome to the survivors club hon! xoxox

Twilightstar

Yay for Robin! She looks super. Best wishes!!!!!

lovely

She looks good ...God bless her...ox

Melissa B

Get better Robin! Wishing you a long healthy happy life on earth!

blackgirlwhiteguy

Wonderful news! Wishing Robin a complete recovery and many good mornings,

Pigweed

Who is she, the first lady to ever beat cancer and go back to work??? They are just using her for ratings by pulling on your heart strings.

FlamingoNut

She should just take her time and not rush to return.

monique

i wish she would just take this time and relax, stress is a big no-no for somebody in her condition, i wish you a speedy recovery robin roberts

Aladria

Wow, she looks BEAUTIFUL, doesn't she? Those colors on her - she looks vibrant and stunning.

RGKnee

So ABC is bringing her back in Feb, which happens to be a sweeps month. How convenient

Patti

As usual, God is looking out for those who need it most! He watches over all of us but I'm so thankful he is paying a little closer attention to Robin. Hope to see you soon on GMA and OMG to look radiant and beautiful!

Jackie

She looks good shaved.

pat

I'm glad to hear she's doing better.

But I really think she should be off the screen and recuperate properly.

Makes me think she has a "Look at me" "Look at me" side to her. She wants the accolades.

But I still am glad to hear she's surviving this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments