Robin Roberts

Testing the Water

for 'GMA' Return

1/24/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1024_robin_roberts_gma_article
Robin Roberts returned to the NYC set of "Good Morning America" this morning -- the first time since undergoing a bone marrow transplant surgery -- for a private "GMA" test run to see if she's physically ready to come back to the show.

Just last week, Roberts explained that she would be doing a series of doctor-approved "dry runs" before officially re-joining the show.

"My doctors want me to see how many people I actually come in contact with," Roberts said ... "How my body reacts to the stimulation, that's code word for stress, of being in the studio environment."

She added, "My skin is very sensitive and so we have to see how it reacts to the studio lights. My vision is still a little blurry from the treatment. All of this is getting better day by day so that is the next step."

Last year, 51-year-old Roberts was diagnosed with MDS -- or myelodysplastic syndrome --  a disease of the blood and bone marrow that was once known as preleukemia.

Roberts vowed to return to the show ... and it looks like she's going to keep her promise.

sparkle

God bless You!

RGKnee

How important is she really to the show? They're still beating Today with Vargas and Robach filling in

VEGAS76GW

Beautiful lady our prayers have been answered!!!

Ivan in Phoenix

I hope Robin gets all better soon. She's one of the main reasons GMA is even watchable.

Genn1825

I wish her the best. But there is something about her that drives me nuts!

Wade

I'm totally surprised to say.......I think she looks really good with no hair.

Joybubble55

You go girl... You look great... Good luck and God Bless....

Angel Gonzales

Does this mean she's cured already? It's good to know that she's thinking of going back to the show. She's indeed a survivor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3