« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WINNER in Race for

1st Ronaiah Interview

1/25/2013 12:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0125-ronaiah-dr-phil-getty

Dr. Phil
just scored HUGE -- TMZ has learned, he's landed the first on-camera interview with the alleged mastermind behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax ... Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

Sources tell us, Phil and Ronaiah sat together for several hours yesterday in L.A., where they discussed Manti's interview with Katie Couric ... after watching the entire interview together.

According to sources, Phil's interview with Ronaiah is "emotional and deep." It's expected to air some time next week.

Ronaiah has yet to address the public about his alleged involvement in the Manti hoax -- even though Manti has already said Ronaiah privately confessed to concocting the whole thing.

TMZ broke the story ... Ronaiah had intense feelings for Manti -- feelings he channeled through the female persona of "Lennay Kekua" ... Manti's fake girlfriend.

Interesting ... two female oriented daytime talk shows have snagged the key interviews in a football scandal.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PictureUp

wonder how much money he gets and will he confess to having turdburglar tendencies?

DaveT

I find the Manti stories very interesZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....

Edith

Im sick of this fake guy really.

skeyehi

These two deserve each other....both wanna....one wants to be a woman, the other thinks he's a doctor. I wish I could fart on you both

califire

dr. phil is gay, plain

Gary

Why does anybody give Dr. Phil any credit?...because Fatso Oprah used him to lose weight....which obviously didn't work?...and what is he a Doctor of?...and wasnt he investigated a couple times and actually doesn't even have a license?..and aren't his shows scripted?...he is an attention whore...everything is to make him the hero....and his employees say he is really cheap!!

Bird

If I were Ronaiah, I would go into hiding. Is this guy seriously going to go on tv and tell the world that he pretended to be a female online for 3 years in order to form a relationship with another man? I'm sure he and Manti probably had phone sex and all sorts of sh_t. This whole thing is embarrassing and I'm sick of hearing about it.

bitchfistcomics.com

Is this considered winning!?!

KanyeWest

I think everyone has had enough of this story

Blah

So why is this stalker not in jail or anything?? Lets reward his deranged behavior by making him famous and paying him for interviews and people wonder why stuff is so messed up???

kitnplayn

I know you are all a bunch of half-wits at TMZ, but female-oriented are hyphenated words in that context.

TNastyFunktown

Well, I hope this interview goes better than his interview with Dina Lohan.

Me

All these journalists, and this derp went with DR. PILL?

Genghis Khan

If this is "winning" I'll pass. But it is that no talent hack Dr. Phil so I guess it's a win for him....

Diamond Goddess!

I guess it's not OK to be Samoan and gay.
I watched Manti's interview with Katie, and the story is hard to believe.
His parents seem devastated (maybe only by the spectre of this affecting his draft prospects? *wink*).
But people do these long online relationships with no real contact a lot.
I would call someone's bluff, myself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments