Randy Travis

I'm Getting Treatment

For My Booze Problem

1/26/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_randy_travis_tmz_wmRandy Travis is so serious about giving the bottle the boot ... he's actively seeking out treatment for his alcohol problem -- all while recording two albums -- TMZ has learned.

If you recall ... Randy had a significant drinking issue back in 2012 -- when he was busted for that naked DWI -- and has since given up alcohol for good.

Now, Randy's lawyer, Larry Friedman, tells TMZ ... Randy's health is on the upswing, but he still wants to get professional help so he can maintain his booze-free path to sobriety.

According to Friedman, Randy will continue recording as he goes through treatment ... and plans on releasing two albums by the end of the year.

It's paying off too -- Friedman tells TMZ, Randy's record sales are up ... and bookings recently reached an all-time high.

Kelly

Best of luck to him. And thanks for the laughs dude when you got nekkid n layed down in the middle of the road.....that'll be hard for somebody to top.

HRH Prince Michael

Many have forgotten that Randy (along with Reba, George, Alabama, Et Al) was a major-player in
Country Music's resurgence in the 1980's.

With a mustard seed of Faith, you WILL do it brother! Amen, and amen...forevermore.

The House of David 2 Chronicles 13 Victory, is HERE: http://www.all4webs.com/x/w/all4yahweh
NOW, The Most Holy Christ King Yeshua reigns!

Mandy G.

Good for him. He appeared to be hitting rock bottom last year, and maybe that made him realize that he needed help. I'm not even a fan of country western music, but I'm always supportive of people who admit they have a problem, and seek help. Are you listening Lindsay?

Tuscaloosa Tider

I am an alcoholic. The 12 step program, getting a sponsor and going to meetings has worked for me. I have been sober for a year. I hope Randy gets the help he needs. Alcoholism is so horrible. You will lose everything you own and will die from this without help. Good luck to Randy!

HillbillyHell

Memo to Randy: Alcoholic Anonymous really works.

JammasterJ

I'm not as think as you drunk I am! I didn't plick no flight in that clurch darking plot! LOL That was not me running in my birf day suite that was a big foot!

BC

it takes a lot of courage to face your demons! I wish him well.

bev

well all I got to say is that when he was messing around with another woman and he knew better, and he new that his wife was much older then he was, so he knows that God dont like what he did with his first wife.he should get down on his knees and ask God to forgive him for the wrong things that he has done.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3