Barbara Walters

I've Got

Chicken Pox!

1/28/2013 8:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0128_barbara_walters

Barbara Walters
has seen it all in her career, except for one thing -- CHICKEN POX ... until now.

The 83-year-old news legend announced ... she's officially suffering from a case of the scratchies ... roughly 75 years after most people catch the viral infection.

Walters -- who was already recovering from a head injury she suffered during Inauguration weekend -- was obviously absent from "The View" this morning ... so Whoopi broke the news.

"We want to give you an update on Barbara," Goldberg said ... "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood."

"Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching,

Whoopi added, "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you."

0121_BARBARA_WALTERS_well_footer

Toilethead

Isn't she way too old for that?

skittlesbreaker19

She'll die from it at her age

FeefaGaga

Sweet Baby Buddah!!! I know she mad smh she is too Mature in Age to be getting that -Gaga Facts

Monyhony

She will most likely hospitalized..i had them at 15 and they were soooooo bad i was in the er. Next headline...barbra walters dies from the pox..

jules

Adult Chicken Pox is called Shingles

RedPill

hahahaa you ugly old witch you deserve it because you wanna trust our corrupted rogue government and take your vaccines that's designed to infect you with diseases you dumb animal

William j

Hey tmz I think you mean shingles this bitch is way too old to have chicken pox

tver

Aaaah...Get well soon Barbara.

malia

For some reason I'm not buying the chicken pox story. That old woman fell down like most old people do and I think she looks like she got beat up... she needs more time to heal

Shelly

Chicken Pox and Shingles are 2 different things, although you can't get shingles unless you've had the chicken pox.

CJ

I heard it can be deadly for older people. I never had it but I have been around many people who were infected at the time so hopefully I don't get it when I am 75!!

Carl

It is amazing that she didn't get it as a kid, but it is even more amazing that she never bothered to get vaccinated despite a vaccine being available for 15 years now.

Queen.of.the.Obvious

Wouldn't it be considered Shingles instead of Chicken Pox at her age?

Ace

You have to have sex with a chicken to get it at her age. Maybe she has polio to.

missy

boo effing hoo! dont like you bw. you sold out to so many people for your own self. youre as fake as whoopi

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments