CNN Boss Jeff Zucker

Sorry Ann ...

You're NOT Ready for Prime Time

1/29/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0128_jeff_zucker_ann_curry_tmz_composite
Ann Curry ain't gonna be the next Anderson Cooper ... or Erin Burnett ... or even Piers Morgan ... 'cause TMZ has learned Jeff Zucker has NO INTEREST in offering her a prime time anchor job at CNN.

Well-connected network sources tell us ... reports that Zucker is courting Curry to be the next CNN star couldn't be further from the truth. Fact is, Zucker doesn't believe Curry is the answer to CNN's problems and is continuing the search elsewhere.

As one source tells TMZ, "Ann has been sainted because of what happened to her [on "Today"].  The fact is ... she definitely can't carry a prime time show."

We're told it's possible Curry could come over to CNN to be something like a foreign correspondent, but it's "highly unlikely," because she's making around $10 mil at NBC and no way no how will Zucker pay anywhere near that.

Hey Ann ... things could be worse.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Jordan

She will probably go to ABC

21stcent

10 million a year? Ann, sweetie, for that kind of money
sit in a corner and collect the check!

Lucky_130

These things happen

monie roche

GONNA BE INTERESTING AS TO HOW RADAR REPORTS THIS ONE...THEY ARE ON A ONE-SITE AND ONE-MINDED CAMPAIGN TO GIVE ANN CURRY SAINTHOOD...AND SHE IS JUST SO BORING...TIME TO SHUT UP RADAR...
AND THANKS TMZ FOR TELLING THE REAL SOTRY WITHOUT ALL THE NONSENSE...THE FACT IS THAT ANN IS BORING...BORING...

Church Lady

Who the hell is Jeff Zucker.

static

It's not that Zucker wouldn't pay her a ton of money it's that CNN doesn't have the deep pockets of NBC but I have confidence he will wreck CNN in short order anyway.

mr.howell

Why do people HATE this woman!?..she's a good reporter!...I've seen her many times on tv over the years..get off her back!..she should have her own show!.

Bob

I'd watch her show. I think the Today show is terrible since she left. They should get rid of Matt Lauer. He doesn't bring anything to the show. If they brought back Ann Curry, Meredith Viera and Katie Curic the show would be much better, not that they want to come back. I only tune in for the last hour now to see Hoda and Kathi Lee, and I know that's pretty lame.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I like Ann in the morning. I don't watch news at night. I got tired of the musical chair in the morning at CNN. And I can't stand Ali Velshi. Too ****y, flashy and insensitive.

Blue Lake

This makes me question Zucker's sanity altogether. If he doesn't see that people love and trust Ann, perhaps he's in the wrong biz. As for Cuomo, meh.

tenley

I never understood why Today made her a host in the first place. Honestly.

Lisa

Ann can't carry a prime time show but Piers Morgan can? Seriously? Piers Morgan is the most BORING guy on TV anywhere in the world. That's how bad he is.

FeefaGaga

Huh? FOH!! Ann is perfect

EasilyHard

Ann is charmibg like plain oatmeal with a hair in it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments