TN State Senator

Homosexuality Is Dangerous

2/1/2013 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020113_senator_tmzlive_launch
Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has a message to the gay community -- stop ramming the gay agenda "down everybody's throats" and leave the straight people alone!!!

Sen. Campfield just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about the strongly-worded email he sent to a pro-gay voter ... who had objected to a bill Campfield recently reintroduced to the Tennessee General Assembly.

During the call, Campfield insists he doesn't hate gay people -- he just doesn't believe students from kindergarten through 8th grade should discuss ANYTHING gay related.

Among the highlights:
-- Campfield says the people in the gay rights community are "the biggest bullies in the world."

-- Campfield says comparing the gay rights movement to the African American civil rights movement is "insulting to the civil rights movement of the black people."

-- Campfield says he wishes the gay community would just leave the straight people alone ... saying, "We don't wanna hear about it every day ... quit trying to ram it down everybody's throats ... and quit pushing it on everyone. Just leave us alone."

Some people in the newsroom disagreed with the State Senator's views ... check out the video.

Chuck

I agree that the TV writers are trying much too hard to make homosexuality as common as dirt. They try too hard and lt becomes not only offensive,, but obnoxious to the average viewer....like me. I am not homophobic, but am so tired of it being themed in so many shows and all the time. Let it rest and it'll take care of itself.

MO

I lived in Provincetown for years, and for anyone who doesn't know what or where Provincetown is, it's the gay mecca in the East Coast located at the tip of Cape Cod. There are more gays per square kilometer there than straight people, specially in the summer. And you know what, I don't have anything against them, but they are the biggest bullies around. I get it, they get bullied a lot in other parts of the country (and the world) but man, it doesn't give them the right to do the same just because they are in Ptown, specially not to people who have done nothing to offend them. Equality rights should be EQUAL. Not a right for only certain sections of the society.

damita

i agree with Campfield, if you gay enjoy it but dont get mad at those who are not gay! live and go on

Jake

I really don't want my 10 year old learning the gay agenda. What's the point? Leave the children alone.

With that said, gay's should be able to marry and live there lives like anyone else. Just don't force me to teach my children what you do in your bed room, brothel or spa. In turn I won't teach them about the high number of HIV positive gay's there are in society, or the reason why most gay males have dozens of partners in a given year.

Jake

squeakermama

Last time I checked it was within a man's right to his own option.

smorbie

I agree with him. I think in a civil society people should be able to disagree peaceably. But the organized gay agenda shouts down and attempts to destroy all dissent. I have nothing against gay people, but I don't think children should have to learn about it, anymore than I think children should have to learn about Islam's Tenants. Our children already are not learning the fundamentals, reading, writing, and math, but we keep coming up with social agendas to force them to learn.

Judas

Not that I'm agreed, but he's got the point tho...

Dennis Johnson

GO RAVENS........I know all the gays are 49er fans but I think that the Ravens will win.Oh yea............the senator is right.Imo I don't care if you are gay or stright..............but I too don't want eather one to be pushing me around with their BS.I lived In New Orleans for 30 years and as I said I don't care if you are gay or stright.The people in NO only care about the SAINTS!See you next year.GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Morrison

I iknow Miss Stacey!!

Brian Stevens

Senator Campfield is actually thriving off all the negative attention and will most likely gain even more support.

It'll take a strong campaign to beat him in 2014. We've started early with a focus on education, employment, equality and the environment. I encourage people to ask questions on my political page and check out my webpage to see if they support my campaign. I answer all questions personally.

Website - http://Vote4Stevens.com/.

Campaign Email - BrianForTN@Gmail.com.

Campaign Phone - (865) 386-5870.

Facebook Political Page - http://www.facebook.com/BrianForTN

myopinion

I agree with the senator...I do not want the gay issue pushed in my face or my children. Period Point Blank!

amy

Don't force children to learn sexism anti transgenderism anti gay attitudes as is the current standard.

vblack

He is right. If you wanna be gay do it whatever. Just dont shove it down my throat. If you truly believe we are all entitled to our opinions, then dont try to make yours mine. Google this senator and thers are no positive reports/blogs on him. Everything is negative. Bullies. He is not afraid like I am. He said the truth. it makes me ashamed that I have quietly hidden my veiws for fear I will be trashed. Thanks Senator for not being like everyone else and caving in to the demands of the gays. Dont lose your voice!

Denese

C'mon Tennessee, get with it. This guy is dangerous...and should not be in office. Young people; you have to get out and vote or these idiots will keep getting elected.