Ex-Cop Christopher Dorner

Shops For Scuba Gear

2 Days Before Murders (VIDEO)

2/12/2013 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_the_droner_launch_3
Alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner went to a Southern California sporting goods store 2 days before he began his murder spree to purchase scuba equipment ... and TMZ has obtained the surveillance video.

Dorner went to Sports Chalet in Torrance -- a beachside community in the L.A. area -- on February 1st.  The video shows Dorner carrying in 2 small, yellow scuba tanks as he walks into the scuba section.  Sources tell us ... Dorner got the tanks refilled with oxygen.

The video then shows Dorner leaving the scuba section with the 2 yellow tanks, along with another large, black scuba tank.  Dorner then goes to the counter, and then has a friendly conversation with the cashier, at times laughing.

Dorner -- who was a member of a Naval undersea warfare unit -- pays cash for the items and then leaves.

The surveillance tape shows Dorner arriving at Sports Chalet at 9:21 PM and leaving at 9:38 PM, just as the store closed.

The bodies of the first 2 victims were found at 9 PM on February 3rd -- 48 hours after Dorner's trip to Sports Chalet.

What's really interesting ... Dorner reportedly tried stealing a boat in San Diego on February 6th ... where scuba gear might come in handy.  The plan was thwarted when the prop got tangled in a rope.

Sources tell TMZ ... the U.S. Marshals went to Sports Chalet Sunday and got a copy of the surveillance video.

Law enforcement sources involved in the case have confirmed to TMZ ... the man in the video is indeed Dorner.  And, as one law enforcement source put it, the video is significant because "it shows what he was up to."

lilysmama

scuba tanks are filled with Air....Not Oxygen.

RALPH

PROBABLY HIDDING IN A UNDERWATER CAVE MABY THATS WHY HE FILLED THE TANKS

4gripp

You should go find out how to get your ideas developed here. at the bottom link free just vote for mine and then you do the same for the next person, but hurry I only get 10 new free inventors... Hurry http://www.quirky.com/ideations/390025

Matthew Buttrey

They aren't even pursuing the fact that they had sighting(s), and also found items of his near base in San Diego. Now video shows him buying scuba gear....UMMMM....pretty sure he swam across to Mexico. DUH!

djames67

Dorner is gone... for now.

Chorizo300

The Mexican mafia just confirmed that they Are protecting him and will help him carry out his manifesto!!! LAPD is in some deep **** now!!

Tonystrk

And for the longest WHITE people tried to make the world think we were a race of dummies...ummmm guess they gotta do some rethinking!!

Patti

ok call me an idiot, but what was he up too? The only thing I can think ofis that he was going to take the bodies and tie them to the bottom of the sea? this article is cryptically written lol

anna

I belive Chris has chosen to make his convictions based on an injustice mannnny have experienced of LAPD! He isn't the first, nor the last....but all who oppose his actions be it some truth or not behind motives condemn him but when our very own governments secretly cover up things they do to others under pretense of justice we allow or accept those consequences!!!!! The inside corruption of LAPD internally is disgusting!!!! Sure they're many good employees of LAPD, but in his actions he has taken from those what's most precious to serve as a impacting sting as to what he was left feeling!!! Who cared n fought his injustice?....No one! He was prepared for his outcome, n everyone who has an opinion is mainly running off of emotional morality with a tiny bit of logic in reason.

tamara

Hopefully one of our drones can find him before the LAPD and Mexico get into a war. Is this finally what it would take to seriously protect the border?

Becky

I have been trying to call LAPD about an underground tunnel from Big Bear Lake to Lake Arrowhead. I researched this many years ago when I was writing a children's book. I was told they did not know who Christopher Dorner was. I almost laughed in disbelief. So, I kept calling and finally got a hold of Homicide. I explained to Homicide about how the tunnels were dug by the Chinese in the 1800's and later continued. They have been closed but who knows if Donor didn't research the area like I did and set it all up before killing anyone. He went to the mountains for a reason. But, I don't think he is there anymore. He was probably gone before they even got there. The police were looking all over Big Bear and not Lake Arrowhead.

I just heard that Dorner bought scuba gear. Some of the tunnel I wrote about earlier is underwater near big bear lake but clear closer to Lake Arrowhead. Not sure if they are taking me serious and looking into this.

I think JY is Jason Young who owns property in
RUNNING SPRINGS Doren using an alias of
CHRISTOPHER JORDAN GREENE who was issued a Florida drivers license and who used an address in florida up until 2012. His Las Vegas residence is in default. He even has a social security number from Arizona. This man has been sitting this up for a long time and I think he is long gone from the San Bernardino Mountains.

Mommy

He has thought this stuff through very well. He is way ahead of the Yellowstone cops at LAPD.

Pat

First the tanks would have been filled with dry filtered air NOT oxygen.

Secondly, I would be hard pressed to find anyone who could fill three tanks in 17 minutes. Even if two were pony bottles.

us-government-lies

the lapd kills innocent people all the time where is the uproar over that......

deanapaigew

have they verified that this is the same man....this guy is HUGE...doesnt look like any of the pictures posted anywhere else...