Alyson Hannigan

A Mental Patient Is Threatening to Kill Me

2/13/2013 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0213_alyson_hannigan_getty
"American Pie" star Alyson Hannigan has obtained a restraining order against a man she claims is mentally unstable and threatened to kill her, TMZ has learned.

The "How I Met Your Mother" actress filed a request for a restraining order in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming John Hobbs has been harassing her on the Internet -- posting threatening messages on Facebook, MySpace, and Alyson's website.

Hannigan says Hobbs is "mentally unstable and was recently discharged from a mental hospital."

Alyson says Hobbs also suggested he would rape her -- posting a message online that reads, "Lets see How can I get myself in troble today [sic]. If I go with what I've been acussed of Most of my Life, I suppose I should start with being a rapist, so any nice girls out there want to get raped [sic]?"

In addition to herself, Alyson got protection for her husband and two kids.

A hearing has been set for March 6th ... when a judge will decide whether to make the restraining order permanent.

exlax

its the guy in the dr.phil hormonica orchrestra that plays the piccalo

tdr9

We need more news

Criss

I really hope nothing bad happens to her!

Jorge

She's not even pretty. The stalkers must be getting desperate!

Jorge

Spanish words for the day: Muy fea! look it up.

JD

Um...why is he OUT of the Mental Hospital?!? Should be there for life.

Kookla

How this woman an actress, she has played te same character in any movie or sitcom she's ever been in . I think sea just being her annoying self and not acting

Kookla

How I met our mother is te stupidest show ever. I never ever laughed once after watching it. I do t like any of the actors either

Kookla

Anything show produced by Bob Saget or whatever his name is, has the corniest humor.

beayou

I looked up the guy's Facebook page. There's nothing threatening on it for the few posts I read. Is he obsessed? Yes. But she is stalking him by reading what he writes on his own pages. She has a right to be concerned about what he posts on hers. Celebrities need to be careful about things like "Facebook fan pages" where they themselves post items, as Alyson does. Some unbalanced fans take those personal postings way too seriously. If I were Alyson, I'd take down her own Facebook fan page or at least have her staff post things on it and make it clear that she is no longer posting there. It could help discourage other potential stalkers who think they have a "relationship" with her because she writes things on her page.

BB not bb

How do you get a restraining order over internet posts? If you dono't like what you read, block the person from you pages and don't go to theirs. Why does this have to be a court matter? She claims he is just out of a mental hospital, but how does she even know that? She must be up on his business also.

I think stars are full of themselves. If you get a crank phone call, you hang up. If you don't like someone's comments on your page, you delete them or block them or challenge them on the page. I think the stars like to use their power to make mincemeat out of people with no life who resort to making comments on the net to people they don't know.

I have read horrible things and met horrible people online. All you have to do is quit their groups and tell them off and viola, they are out of your life.

awesomewave

What's he going to use, a flute?

POGO

Yakis ... !!

kisstheringfool

Tmz you could of put a better pic of her. Most of the people saying shes ugly prob just dont like gingers.

paul a.