Britney Spears' Rep

Calls BS On

Eve's Claim Brit Didn't Sing

2/14/2013 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-britney-spears-eve
Britney Spears
' rep is calling BS on Eve's insinuation that Britney didn't sing on her new release, "Scream & Shout."

Jeff Raymond, B.S.'s publicist, tells TMZ, "It's absolute BS.  Britney sang the song.  Will.i.am wanted her for this song and she sang on it."

Eve went on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" and said, "I heard that might not be Britney."

A source from the recording studio cattily tells TMZ, "Was Eve even in Studio.  Didn't know.  She's clearly jealous.  I didn't even know she still sings."

Cooley

This is more than auto-tune, people. This is auto-tune on a voice that isn't Britney's.

drakeswifey

Doesn't matter... It sucks justthe same

seamus

That is 4:52 of my life I will never get back. If that is Britney singing then Lindsay is sober. Not much chance of either those statements being true.

Bill Clay

That woman with the British accent saying "Up in the club" is not Britney. It was a really bad choice to have her lip sync to someone else's voice. Like when C&C Music Factory had a model lip sync to someone else singing "Everybody Dance Now!". Britney actually sings only 1 line in the chorus during the entire song.

Jay

Why is this even a debate? All you have to do is listen to the song and you can tell her voice has been auto tuned to the point of where it doesnt even sound like her. I think she did say the words but the machiene did the rest.

Mia

Britney is not really known for her singing, so I don't know what the big deal is.

Jay

For people saying Britney sounds british so it can be her do you not remember the pink wig, late night gas station run, british accent britney? She sounds just like that. I think its her but its just autotuned to the point that it sounds fake, which it is.

jasper121

it actually sounds like britney with a fake accent. and it worked.

John T.

She only knows how to lip sinc, she is a has been as far as I'm concerned. Ever see her try to dance on stage? What a joke. She hops around like she has two left feet .Doesn't she ever look at her video's .

Tim

I'm a huge Britney fan so I am clearly biased but have mad respect for Eve as well. Regardless of the talent you think that Britney has or doesn't have, her voice is extremely recognizable. That's her singing on that song & if you think the faux British accent is someone else, check out the videos from Britney's crazy 2007 when she spoke in that voice to plent of paparazzi. That being said, I don't think that Eve was out of line- let her say what she wants- there are a ton of other haters out there much worse than that, this was Eve just saying something she thought.

sio

I would rather listen to someone taking a dump than have to listen to that again.

cindy

Eve is just a Jealous Ho !!
coz who even knows who she is
we all know Britanny and she looks cute
You just look like some jealous washed up ho !
Sit down already.

Gargamel

Eve hasn't been relevant since the 90's.

Tee

That was a suck fest. I wouldn't want credit for that crap.

Tee

With that much autotune, it could be Harvey singing.