LeAnn Rimes

Sues Dentist

You Screwed Up My Teeth!

2/14/2013 4:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-leann-rimes-tmzLeAnn Rimes is suing her dentist, claiming he botched up her mouth so bad ... it's messing up her career.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... Rimes claims she went to Dr. Duane C. McKay for various dental work over 3 years. Some of the work included upper front veneers and crowns that the dentist promised would address her TMJ-related pain as well as improve her appearance.

Rimes claims rather than helping, the dentist messed her mouth up bad, causing tremendous pain and bleeding. Back in October, she tweeted, "I feel like I got hit in my right side of my face with a baseball bat."

Rimes says she's had to undergo 9 root canals and bone grafting. She's also had a temporary bridge and needed physical therapy as well.

Rimes says in the suit she will have a "permanent cosmetic deficiency."

Rimes says the dental work is so bad it has been screwing with her career ... impeding her ability to perform.

In her malpractice lawsuit, LeAnn is seeking unspecified damages for physical, emotional and psychiatric injuries. She also wants money for loss of past and future earnings.

0214_remodeled_mouths_footer_v2

Mary Edmonson

Who screwed up her face, especially her hideous eyes!

d

Same thing happened to me. I had a full set of teeth before I went to my dentist. After numerous root canals and crowns, two broke underneath and there was nothing to hold the teeth on so now I also have to wear a temporary bridge which gives me a lypse when I talk and I cant eat with it so have to take it out when I eat. But I didnt sue my dentist, just live with it.

Dave

Thought you had to have a career,before you could hurt it.
leann who?

Janet

It's about time someone is suing for bad dental work. I had Invisalign braces to straightened out my teeth, however, my teeth weren't strengthened plus the dentist had a hard time with adjusting the Invisalign and so he made a hole in one of my back teeth. As a result, I had to pull out that back tooth because it started decaying. I hope she can get all her money back.

Marilyn

That was alot of root canals for a young woman, something fishy about that one! I think she has a bad dentiost there. Mr Money bags.

bob urtel

Her teeth are not her problem, go back to the hills, Bob in Mi

Backgammon

Yet another excuse for this no talent has been!

nanja

What career?

jack

The poor doctors can only work with what they have, they don’t perform miracles. These frivolous lawsuits only jack-up everybody’s insurance… who is LeAnn Rimes anyway, does she really need to blame the dentist for her failed career? Be real!

Nettie

I should sue my dentist even though he didn't mess up my teeth. If I win, then I can pay my bill. :D

therapeutic

She. must eat a lot of sweets. Forget to floss and probably doesn't use a Braun or Water Pic brand ultrasonic electric tooth brush. Sounds like she has rotton teeth that she never took care of

myruby50

yeah that is what is impeding her ability to perform. She is so far wacked and gone. Go back to rehab.

Bonnie

What goes around, come around.

I don't think the dentist is the reason you sometimes can not work.

Spoiled, dog!

susie1947

Veneer and crowns will not correct TMJ. I can't believe any dentist would tell her that..I had TMJ ,they attempted to correct mine for two years in braces. and finally had tro do a lafort one (bring my upper jaw foreward) this has corrected my pain for the past 25 yeas with multiple crowns and a few implants. may be she needs to come to michigan.

Murphman

LeAnn I think it was all the salt blocks.